California!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all government employees are lazy, in fact, most aren't. The people I've worked with are no different from people on the private side. Its the 82471932457 different layers of buracracy (sp?) and guidelines and rules and regulations and this that and the other thing that must be done to sum 2 and 2.
You mean like the Government task force that is assinged to find waste that went to Las Vegas and had a two week conference to determine the best way to combat government waste....Those guys are genius's!!!

Not all government employees are lazy, in fact, most aren't. The people I've worked with are no different from people on the private side. Its the 82471932457 different layers of buracracy (sp?) and guidelines and rules and regulations and this that and the other thing that must be done to sum 2 and 2.
You mean like the Government task force that is assinged to find waste that went to Las Vegas and had a two week conference to determine the best way to combat government waste....Those guys are genius's!!!
No those are scumbags.

I called the Board's office and the nice lady who answered the phone said that they are working hard to get everything completed and they expect the results of th PE to be released within the "next week or two"

How's that for hope?

To be honest, if the results aren't on license lookup after the daily DCA updates, you're not going to find out until the next day. Mailed results should come out 1-3 days after the first names are in the database.

No those are scumbags.
it's a fine line between a genius and a scumbag...

Like I said, every group of people has its bad apples.

I called the Board's office and the nice lady who answered the phone said that they are working hard to get everything completed and they expect the results of th PE to be released within the "next week or two" How's that for hope?
Did you ever wonder if after they hang up the phone, they tell their co-worker, "yeah I told them we are hard at work and we should have the results finished within a week or two, if someone calls again just tell them 3 weeks" all the while the test results are actually ready to go but the just want to laugh at us!....

I sometimes think that, but then think" NO WAY".....and then I think..."maybe"...and then again "NO WAY". After that I go check MYNCEES and of course I get "Exam results/diagnostics not yet available"...the insanity continues......

Like I said, every group of people has its bad apples.
I prefer to be called sour grapes..thank you!

I called the Board's office and the nice lady who answered the phone said that they are working hard to get everything completed and they expect the results of th PE to be released within the "next week or two" How's that for hope?
Did you ever wonder if after they hang up the phone, they tell their co-worker, "yeah I told them we are hard at work and we should have the results finished within a week or two, if someone calls again just tell them 3 weeks" all the while the test results are actually ready to go but the just want to laugh at us!....

I sometimes think that, but then think" NO WAY".....and then I think..."maybe"...and then again "NO WAY". After that I go check MYNCEES and of course I get "Exam results/diagnostics not yet available"...the insanity continues......
I have the same thoughts, but I still have faith in their honesty. I'm sure they're a slave to the system just as most of us are too. Anyway, I hasn't changed my F5 addiction or my hope that they will be available this week.

I called the Board's office and the nice lady who answered the phone said that they are working hard to get everything completed and they expect the results of th PE to be released within the "next week or two"

How's that for hope?
There is no way. That would be ridiculous to release the results so long after they are available. I think that is the canned answer she has been instructed to provide to callers inquiring about a release time frame.

How's that for hope?
There is no way. That would be ridiculous to release the results so long after they are available. I think that is the canned answer she has been instructed to provide to callers inquiring about a release time frame.
After New Years...wow time to stay away from this site and come back after the holidays.

I have the same thoughts, but I still have faith in their honesty. I'm sure they're a slave to the system just as most of us are too. Anyway, I hasn't changed my F5 addiction or my hope that they will be available this week.
Eventually we'll get the results....I will either pass and probably never be seen on this board again, or I will fail and you will be reading even more ridiculous posts from me come the end of June, who know I might even get banned a time or two again....ohh the joy!

Eventually we'll get the results....I will either pass and probably never be seen on this board again, or I will fail and you will be reading even more ridiculous posts from me come the end of June, who know I might even get banned a time or two again....ohh the joy!
I agree that it is probably a canned answer and if my math is right, tomorrow is the 8-wk mark since the test. I won't be able to enjoy my Christmas break if I'm still in limbo. This wait is really starting to become unbearable.

I am agreeing that the 1-2 weeks is a canned response, especially since:

1. People were told that last week, and the number has not reduced to 0-1 weeks with the passage of a week.

2. People during previous exam cycles were told 1-2 weeks, and then later that day or the next, results came out.

My unnamed source (yay for journalism!) said Tuesday or Wednesday, and while said source is unavailable for contact (boo for vacation!), I am keeping the faith that it will be this week and not later.

As for me, I am starting to like this group of salty dogs and will probably stick around, pass or fail, results or not.

I feel as though I am Jack Torrence...slowly drifting away...."all work and No Play, makes Jack a dull boy"..!!!!!!!!...It looks as thought the insanity will continue onto friday. Damn I would have bet $100 that the results would be out by now...

Back