California!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep checking everyday since November, still no results. So frustrated from waiting!

Now if only there was some way you could resurrect Ted Night and get him over to BPELS, maybe this would all be over.
YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!!!

caddyshack_smales_frown.jpg

One of the joys of getting registed (or prob even applying) is your info is public record. I got a p.o. box to use as my pe mailing address when i originally took the test....I did give up on that after a few years and just have the junk sent to my home.
So you paid for a P.O. Box to avoid junk mail. Its a conspiracy theory!

1. Law making information public

2. Bombard you with junk mail

3. Force you to pay $$$ for a po box

4. USPS stays in business!

Inspired from Office Space: there's been a glitch in the system so we are going to go ahead and have someone fix that. If you could go ahead and sit around and wait for two extra weeks that would be GREEAAAT. Thanks.

Honestly, beginning to wonder if there is a glitch. Perhaps they will just charge us extra money next time around to cover the cost to fix their mistake.

I don't mean to be rude. I'm just anxious and annoyed. Is it really that hard to post scantron, electronic test results?!?! I
While I agree with you wholeheartedly, I think that since CA has additional testing that other states don't have, I think they want to finish verifying all PE exams, rather than just release the PE electrical, or PE mechanical. Not 100% sure on that though, also it's possible that people are out on vacation. Although I would think that this time of year they would work extra hard so that they could release the results before any staff takes vacation. Anyways this waiting sure does SUCK!! Good luck.
I would expect the board to plan for this and have some type of expectation set for holiday period and not make people wait. After all, we are the customer! However, the board is a government entity and knowing how the government works and their bureaucracies so…. I leave on this note. If the Government was a business they would be out of business in a heartbeat!

At the risk of being embarassed.... I got an email from the Board yesterday stating that they were verifying requirements and that I had not completed the take-home exam on CA specific rules and regulations. This was supposed to be submitted with my application, but I did not realize it back then, or at any point during the waiting period. But as seriously as I take this, I made sure that within an hour, they had my completed exam in their hands...errrr, inbox. Point being, it does look to be more involved than uploading Scantron results. But they are indeed doing *something*, and I'm hoping that they do finish before vacations/breaks start happening. If I need to drive from Oakland to Sacramento to bring something for their potluck, so be it. :group:
How many months have they had to verify this? Here is the good news for you though. I think you passed based on they are probably verifying the people who passed not failed. Which makes sense! Why would they waste their time verifying before the exam if you don't pass!!! Make sense?

Chase, that makes sense, and I'm hoping that's the case (and the case for many of you all as well), but I'd be even happier to hear something official.

I really thought today was going to be the day...but looks like we're about to burn through another day given the time :(

Wow all the speculation and conspiracy theories are pretty funny. @ Creber the motivational poster with Smegol it So funny. Had me laughing at work.

Knowing the state, if we don't get them today....we'll get them after new years since they have like 34 days of holidays /year. Maybe even after Chinese new years

I think if you fail and you miss the re-file deadline we should have an exemption of ??? days given we don't have the same amount of time as other states. Probably, unlikely though! Just complaining again! I think I'll get on the board joke wagon now!

The refile application is a single page, plus a nice fat check of course! Doesn't take too long. Also I don't think California state employees have 34 holidays a year. Being a federal employee it can be frustrating to see people make accusations of how lazy government employees are. Every group of people, public or private, has its bad apples.

Not all government employees are lazy, in fact, most aren't. The people I've worked with are no different from people on the private side. Its the 82471932457 different layers of buracracy (sp?) and guidelines and rules and regulations and this that and the other thing that must be done to sum 2 and 2.

Back