California!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAPLS, thanks for the info (& for having thick skin to hang around here and give out some info)!!!

Well, it would appear that Habib will have a lot of lookups to his name. Nothing personal Habib, you were just unfortunate enough to be the last PE granted for this session :D

I know him, haha .

He told me that he is the last one. so I searched 80364 for several days already.

Anyone know if the results are typically posted in the morning or afternoon. If its historically in the morning, I think I'm done for the day...

Well last December, the first person to shout they got results on this board was around 3 pm EST. (Or around Lunch time in CA).

Thanks GTG, I suppose I have a few minutes left in me. The holiday potluck is taking its toll on my ability to concentrate!

This release of successful candidates in this examination period has caused the most vitrolic, immature, rude, arrogant, sophomoric and juvenile actions and comments that I have experienced in many years. What is going on? Obviously, there is some frustration on waiting, however, being ugly gets one no where. The CAPLS guy was most gracious in explaining what was going on-- could the process be improved? I don't know, however, I do suspect that staff is reviewing their actions to ascertain if there are better ideas available to dispatch the examination results.

The banning of the use of this board of immature, sophmoric individuals who have failed to learn professionalism is exactly the right answer. Not sure that the individual denied access has learned from his/her actions-- I suspect not, however, what he/she has learned is that professionals will not tolerate immature, sophomoric and rude behavior.

There was another post that I see was reformatted and many posts deleted. Here, the "race card" was raised. Again, the individual who raised that issue failed to see the big picture. In my mind, he/she failed to see any picture.

This board is for professionals-- I would expect that most would have learned those traits and characteristics when joining this activity. Unfortunately, this time around, we sure seem to have hit so real low points.

I am happy that administration has taken the action to ban those that fail to manifest professional characteristics-- if this were my employee, we would have a very crisp discussion, one time. I would not expect that there would be another time for discussion-- in fact, I know there would not be, don't have time for it.

..but you have time for getting involved in issues on a message board... I'm sorry I couldn't resist...

Come on CALI!!! My F5 key needs a rest, and my productivity could use some improvement :)

They can at least update their website with a note saying SOMETHING.
that's not a bad idea, having a conservative date plastered on the website would probably alleviate the headache of dealing with everyone's inquiries. If they so happen to release it before the "tentative" date then great, if not, people would just expect it by the date listed.

They should put up a big countdown clock.

Here is what I would do if I had a private company handling results (since no one asked):

First off, present a number being processed and a time estimate of completion. We have 50,000 applications to process. We expect to be done on Wednesday. Each Morning maybe update the progress...

Second, if you want to call up and pay 100 dollars, Ill process your application next. Why? Because I know people will pay it, and it will give impatient people a way to deal with this.

The frustrating thing is that for the past two test dates, PE exam results were released in California on the 4th day of Results-mas. Day 4 was yesterday. I think this is adding to people's anxiety, but nothing we can do about it so I have accepted that the results will come out when they come out.

That being said, GTG is a secret genius for his "pay 100 dollars and we process you next" idea.

They can at least update their website with a note saying SOMETHING.
that's not a bad idea, having a conservative date plastered on the website would probably alleviate the headache of dealing with everyone's inquiries. If they so happen to release it before the "tentative" date then great, if not, people would just expect it by the date listed.
Yep, or even a range, or even a message saying that the tests are being reviewed, or even a note that says scores were received and are in processing, or even staff who when you call or email show a slight tinge of empathy instead of giving 4 word responses. It is ridiculous that there is practically zero communication to us detailing whats going on with literally the most important exams most of us will ever take. Finding out this week or next or even the next week won't change anything, but for such an important (and now expensive) exam, a little piece of mind as to when results might be released is expected.

I can't tell whether I'm refreshing this message board more often or the ncees website. Also, every email that I get is making my heart race... expecting each one to be letting me know the results are posted.

I think they will wait until the 24nd to release the results...so the scores will be immaterial since the world ends this Friday.......

Back