California Results Any news???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NJ sucks .. why did I move there. When NY was one of the first states that found out immediately. 

NJ sucks .. why did I move there. When NY was one of the first states that found out immediately. 
Hey, judging by your other posts, you actually know your result. Even though their system is shit, at least some people have been able to call in and get their results. No such luck for us. At least they could have released the non-Civil disciplines in CA. That's pretty straight forward - the application process took care of the qualifications (if you were approved, you were qualified), and once NCEES says you've passed the PE, you are a PE. No state exams, nothing else to worry about. 

Hey, judging by your other posts, you actually know your result. Even though their system is shit, at least some people have been able to call in and get their results. No such luck for us. At least they could have released the non-Civil disciplines in CA. That's pretty straight forward - the application process took care of the qualifications (if you were approved, you were qualified), and once NCEES says you've passed the PE, you are a PE. No state exams, nothing else to worry about. 
good point. Other then putting that email together showing the three exams and the take home exam what else is there to "verify". They only allow you to take the exam if you are qualified. so what is the big deal on releasing the results... I am HOPING my guy pulls through. Also Patty smith is right too.

... At least they could have released the non-Civil disciplines in CA. That's pretty straight forward - the application process took care of the qualifications (if you were approved, you were qualified), and once NCEES says you've passed the PE, you are a PE. No state exams, nothing else to worry about. 
I believe if they did that then CE applicants would be complaining... as such the CE needs to pay extra and study extra to take the extra exams... maybe CEs need to complain extra!!! :D

I believe if they did that then CE applicants would be complaining... as such the CE needs to pay extra and study extra to take the extra exams... maybe CEs need to complain extra!!! :D
Having paid extra and studied extra I can tell you firsthand I'd be 100% ok with the board releasing all national exam results and taking an extra month to distribute seismic/survey results.... I still can't fathom why they have any control over the national exam results period. Even if I failed the state-specific exams but I passed the national I can just hold off and apply for licensure in Oregon when I meet the other Oregon requirements... which at this point I may do just to avoid giving California another penny of my money.

Having paid extra and studied extra I can tell you firsthand I'd be 100% ok with the board releasing all national exam results and taking an extra month to distribute seismic/survey results.... I still can't fathom why they have any control over the national exam results period. Even if I failed the state-specific exams but I passed the national I can just hold off and apply for licensure in Oregon when I meet the other Oregon requirements... which at this point I may do just to avoid giving California another penny of my money.
Yeah, passing the state exams would only be icing on the cake at this point. I'm mostly concerned about the national exam.

Yup, exactly. If anything, knowing that you passed the national exam can give you peace of mind to relax a bit and know that you've at least completed one of the 3 tasks. If I were in your shoes, I'd want the same thing, 

Not to mention, also, that the state exam is the biggest hurdle. Passing the national exam allows you to be licensed in most of the other 50 states without state specific exams. If you chose to move anywhere else next year, the state exams won't matter. If you have a project in another state, you can get licensed there - the state exams won't matter. Lice @Oregon_Matt said, if he passed the national exam, he can apply for a license in Oregon without having passed the state exams. 

Pinging Patty and my contact to see if they will confirm today is the day..

You da man @acesar! Although the last few days he has been responding at the end of the day when we already know it's not happening that day..I have a feeling we'll either have results or know we're not getting results today by the time they respond. Still worth a shot! 

people waiting on the 8hr will be the best resource on when we will get results since those are most likely coming out first.

Back