California Results Any news???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The results will be out soon; please check our website and your email frequently for updates.

Patty Smith, Licensing Analyst

Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists

2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 300 | Sacramento, CA 95833

(916) 263-1855 | f. (916) 263-2246 | www.bpelsg.ca.govhttp://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/

[email protected]
Oh, we're checking frequently. More than you could probably imagine Patty.

Anyone else getting real tired of seeing Justin Stine's face? I swear, his face shows up on my computer 20 times a day.

Capture.JPG

I work for the State of California (not the board), and am waiting just like you guys.  CA is super strict with overtime, except for emergencies, so I would guess they don't get any OT. 

In April 2016 almost 3000 people took the seismic exam in California. It is, therefore, likely that there are 3 to 4,000 people (maybe more) who some portion of the Civil PE exam in California.  NCEES had just under 8,500 take the Civil PE exam.  That is probably part of the reason all those states got results first.  Each email and phone call asking about the status of one particular examinee's stuff is not going to make anything go faster for any of us.  I try to just have faith that they are doing the best they can with the resources they have. 

I am, though, going crazy with the rest of you. 

@Tahoan first off, nice name!  :)

Secondly, brave soul you are, to tell us you work for the state! We are certainly not frustrated with you, and I am personally glad to welcome you to the misery party we are having here. Especially now that someone in Hawaii got their results... By mail! But that's another topic.

I used to work for the state in a different state (Vermont, but this native Californian got tired of the cold), so I know your point about overtime. I have the feeling they are severely understaffed for the number of test takers, too, which doesn't help things!

Lastly... Hopefully it's only two more days max for results to come through! And hey, we very well might win the slug award...

I work for the State of California (not the board), and am waiting just like you guys.  CA is super strict with overtime, except for emergencies, so I would guess they don't get any OT. 

In April 2016 almost 3000 people took the seismic exam in California. It is, therefore, likely that there are 3 to 4,000 people (maybe more) who some portion of the Civil PE exam in California.  NCEES had just under 8,500 take the Civil PE exam.  That is probably part of the reason all those states got results first.  Each email and phone call asking about the status of one particular examinee's stuff is not going to make anything go faster for any of us.  I try to just have faith that they are doing the best they can with the resources they have. 

I am, though, going crazy with the rest of you. 
Well said my fellow State Employee.  Overtime is rare, and every hour has to be requested ahead of time and justified (at least in my agency) .

25% of all PE exams are taken in California, couple that with the two state specific exams and its not hard to fathom that the system bogs down every time results come out. Id rather they take their time and get it right vs the time a few years back when Pennsylvania told people they passed and then had to revoke the statement. 

Back