California Results Any news???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh I forgot about non-civils too..sorry!!!! No idea what you'll have to do (if the form is necessary for you or not).

So Cali folks have to send in a separate form now to get their results? I'm very lost/confused now!
No, not to get our results. To tell the California Board that we passed the national PE exam. It is unclear whether this new form needs to be sent if you have already passed the national PE exam, and are just waiting on the state-specific seismic and surveying exams that all registered civil PE's must pass in order to become licensed.

Notwithstanding they already have this information. The "notification" form is functionally little more than a reminder for some official to actually pull up your file and assign you a license number. Because, you know, God forbid they just take the initiative.
I completely agree with this. I think we need to send this form in so they assign a license number, which is also why I don't think you will be able to use the "lookup database hack" as a way to see if you passed or not. We have to just wait to get the results via email.

Notwithstanding they already have this information. The "notification" form is functionally little more than a reminder for some official to actually pull up your file and assign you a license number. Because, you know, God forbid they just take the initiative.
Yep, that's where it doesn't make sense. Leave it to California to make things just that much more complicated, in a rather inexplicable way.

In case you haven't seen this... I wish we had a quarter bet going. I would have won. Let's see what they actually do.

POSTED DECEMBER 12, 2016 - We are currently verifying and coordinating all examination results. It is anticipated the results will be released December 15 or 16. Updates will posted to the Board’s website, Facebook page, and Twitter account. Please do not call the Board office for updates.  

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

In case you haven't seen this... I wish we had a quarter bet going. I would have won. Let's see what they actually do.

POSTED DECEMBER 12, 2016 - We are currently verifying and coordinating all examination results. It is anticipated the results will be released December 15 or 16. Updates will posted to the Board’s website, Facebook page, and Twitter account. Please do not call the Board office for updates.  

Hopefully tomorrow. Maybe WEd.  For Surveying and Seismic.. Late Wed or Thursday.   

1 minute ago, leggo said: At least they got rid of the reapplication fee! I don't remember it being big, but it was still adding insult to injury. Oh, California.
It was $125.
I find it hard to believe that this cost would go away. Will NCEES still be 350?

I find it hard to believe that this cost would go away. Will NCEES still be 350?

I agree. There's no way that Cali is going to give up the $125/person free money, basically.

My outstanding question though is: Do the people that just took an 8-hour test (mech, elec, etc.....no structural) this past fall have to send in the results release thing? I don't remember reading very much about that quandary here for the spring exam.

My outstanding question though is: Do the people that just took an 8-hour test (mech, elec, etc.....no structural) this past fall have to send in the results release thing? I don't remember reading very much about that quandary here for the spring exam.
Yes you do. Click on the hyperlink, evaluate for yourself. If you can select your 8-hr PE exam from the options then I think you're safest to fill out the form as-applicable and submit for additional evaluation. Good times. 

Additionally, I don't think any fees are being removed, all that's changing is the timeline in which you pay them. 

-Apply to NCEES to sit for national exam, pay fees

If unsuccessful: pay NCEES again, retake examI

if successful national test result:

-Apply to state board, pay more fees

-If Civil, take seismic/survey, pay more fees to California and Prometric

Yes you do. Click on the hyperlink, evaluate for yourself. If you can select your 8-hr PE exam from the options then I think you're safest to fill out the form as-applicable and submit for additional evaluation. Good times. 

Additionally, I don't think any fees are being removed, all that's changing is the timeline in which you pay them. 

-Apply to NCEES to sit for national exam, pay fees

If unsuccessful: pay NCEES again, retake examI

if successful national test result:

-Apply to state board, pay more fees

-If Civil, take seismic/survey, pay more fees to California and Prometric
Thanks!

Looks like Cali is still stuck at 86230.

mechanical license #'s are stuck at 38203.
ZZF4Tlfvn7Bo4.gif

In the October 2015 cycle, results were released "today." Meaning 6 weeks and 3 days after the exam. I got the first email at nearly 5pm, and the results email came 3 hours later. Not to get anyone's hopes up...

In the October 2015 cycle, results were released "today." Meaning 6 weeks and 3 days after the exam. I got the first email at nearly 5pm, and the results email came 3 hours later. Not to get anyone's hopes up...
3 business days* (the Tuesday following week 6 post exam... How many more confusing ways can I try to clarify??)

@PugPE What did the first email say? I thought you only got one email telling you to go check the NCEES website. Can you please tell us the content of both emails?

Also, 5pm Pacific? 

mechanical license #'s are stuck at 38203.
@Habib how do you guys check this? I go to the license lookup website and I can only search by name and license number. I can't filter by discipline, and whenever I click "find" with no fields populated (to see the total number of licenses) the results time out because I am assuming the request overwhelms their website. 

@PugPE What did the first email say? I thought you only got one email telling you to go check the NCEES website. Can you please tell us the content of both emails?

Also, 5pm Pacific? 
I actually got 3 emails -- one notification from NCEES notifying me that my results for the national exam were posted on ncees.org.  That one came at 1:42pm (pacific time).  

The next two emails were from BPELSG.  The first contains the password for your protected PDF of results.  The second contains the results.  I suppose you'd only get these emails if you took the state specific exams.  Those came at 4pm and 7pm (Pacific), respectively.  

@Habib how do you guys check this? I go to the license lookup website and I can only search by name and license number. I can't filter by discipline, and whenever I click "find" with no fields populated (to see the total number of licenses) the results time out because I am assuming the request overwhelms their website. 
It's guess and check.  Start at license 90000: no results.  Go to 80000, results.  85000, results.  87500, no results.  And so on.

If I had to guess, results will be this afternoon.

Typical state workflow, Tue-Thu are days to get things done. Monday's and Friday's are slow because people take time off or they have the day off and managers may not be in. If the board is going to release, today makes sense. 8hr today, state specific rolled out Weds/Thur.

Back