California Dreamin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed with no drama @my first try. But now where can I find a job doing structural design in CA?

So is that it only 644 new licenses???? or is there a chance that there should be more? I just called the board and the lady on the phone said she really didn't know and to check back after the new year....

Ok so called again and the lady on the phone reassured me that not all CE's have been updated and to check back after tuesday. I guess there's some hope for us who can't find their names listed....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is some of a relief for those who did not find their names in the database. Though we should find out soon since they are mailing the letters today

Will someone else contact the board and check just to verify???? I'm panicking and stressing out here. 916-263-2222

All i have to say is :party-smiley-048: ! Congrats everyone who's passed, and good luck everyone who is still waiting to hear. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more :party-smiley-048: to do.

Do fail letters generally go out first? I know the database won't be updated until Tuesday. I just need some hope and I'm hoping I don't receive a letter in the mail tomorrow.... I just don't like how they only updated some people in the database. It's not fair. And yes I am the type of person to jump into conclusions. I would rather have know if I failed or not today then to think I maybe passed only to find out I failed again.....If I did fail the surveying again I don't know what else to do!!! I passed the seismic and 8 hour first shot and took the surveying for the 5th time last time. I have every survey review book you can think of and at home do the problems just fine (around 90%).

Congrats to all of those that passed. If you didn't pass, keep trying, it opens so many doors and is worth it.

Having taken the exam a few times, I firmly believe the key to passing is practice! practice! practice! and dedicating your life to studying for 3 months. The first two times I took the exam, I wasn't honest with myself in regards to how much I studied. This time I completed majority of the problems found in the 101 Problems for the PE, 101 Solved MERM problems, all three of the 6 minute books for mechanical (HVAC, Thermo/Fluids, Mech Systems), and the 3 NCEES practice exams. I only used the NCEES practice exams for confidence towards the end of my studying, since the other problems are a lot harder and longer than the actual PE exam.

I couldn't have done it without my wife's support and understanding.

Sorry to bust anyone's bubble but I called the board again and the person the phone told me that the database is fully updated at this point with the 650 new licensees....no more left for this time around. He said if your name is not listed than you have failed. What a way to make my new year. Congrats to those who've passed. I have to figure out a way to pass the surveying.exam :(

THANK YOU JESUS I PASSED!!! Woo!!!
Also thank you Baby Zaltz No. 2 for giving me a few weeks of maternity leave during which I was able to study. I am so glad I'm not going to have to re-take any of the exams while managing TWO crazy toddlers.
I was in the same boat as you this time around (almost - I'm pregnant with baby #2 due next month), and I was asking myself how I was going to manage two crazy little ones while trying to study! Congratulations to you, and to me! hehehe :)

Back