California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodfat

rodfat
Reaction score
To whom it may concern:

I have been a California reside for nearly 40 years of my life and I never heard or seen a more dysfunctional and financially wastefully government agency such as the California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.

The Professional Exam was given and taken on October 24, 2008 in California and examinees in California have to wait until some time in February 2009 for their exam results.

This is one big sham and the citizens of California are all paying for these inefficiencies and for the State Bureaucratic s to have a welfare job, while the citizens of California pay higher taxes and have to watch this great state sink into greater and greater financial failure.

It is interesting... The lack of quality control on their web page. The 'new and updated information' page announces that the results will be approved at the January 14, 2009 meeting. When you follow the link, it talks about a January 15, 2009 meeting. And, it still says the letters won't be mailed out until early February.

I believe the actual date of the meeting is January 15. In the past, people began getting their letters the day after the meeting. I think (and hope) most of us will get our letters by January 17.

If memory serves... I took the FE in CA on Oct. 25 of '05 and received my results Jan. 26 of '06.

I hope you don't have to wait too much longer! I'll probably be taking the seismic and surveying portions of the PE in Oct. of '09.

I asked a similar question in other post that if I am taking the PE in CA but can they transfer back to NY in (one year or more) since CA is going to bankrupt. Will the PE license still be valid? But no one answer me even a yes or no question.

The reasone I am asking is because after you bankrupt that can you still distribute or transfer something to other states? I was thinking because of this that PE license should be requlate by the nations but not only limited by the states!

By US law - 6 months before you filed bankrupt that you can asked back what you distributed to others. (Is that same as states?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked a similar question in other post that if I am taking the PE in CA but can they transfer back to NY in (one year or more) since CA is going to bankrupt. Will the PE license still be valid? But no one answer me even a yes or no question.
The reasone I am asking is because after you bankrupt that can you still distribute or transfer something to other states? I was thinking because of this that PE license should be requlate by the nations but not only limited by the states!

By US law - 6 months before you filed bankrupt that you can asked back what you distributed to others. (Is that same as states?)
If you are really concerned about this, and are serious, why don't you call the New York board? The chances of this being any kind of a problem are basically zero as far as I am concerned, but if you really cared it is easy enough to get an official answer. If you pass the test that should stand anyway. You'll still have to qualify for whatever other license requirement anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much. I will wait until next April to ask both NY and CA state boards because during that time I am two years experience which will quilfy in CA PE exam.

Back