Calculators

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for FE casio fx 115MS

passed first attempt

PE civil transportation

Casio fx 115MS

passed first attempt

but for PE any basic calculator would work

casio FX-115ES is the best and cheapest you can get! Much much better than the HP and TI ****.

Casio FX-115ES.

Passed first time.

I agree with psucivilengineer though. The calculator only does so much. You gotta study.

Although I will say I used my calculator for a couple months at work before the exam date. It made a big difference knowing the ins and out of the calculator instead of using it cold turkey.

Casio FX-115ES.
Passed first time.

I agree with psucivilengineer though. The calculator only does so much. You gotta study.

Although I will say I used my calculator for a couple months at work before the exam date. It made a big difference knowing the ins and out of the calculator instead of using it cold turkey.

FE (October 2002) TI-89 [big pimpin' when to comes to calculators] Passed

PE (April 2009) TI-30XS and TI-36 [You definitely need both] Passed

Hedged a little bit: took TI-36X and HP-35S for the PE. Passed. I just bought the 35S, but did not not take advantage of all its abilities because I was/am not familiar with its functions and command inputs. I believe having two calculators helped though.

TI-30XS for the PE, the FE was way too long ago, i have no idea what i used (probably my TI-89 if they allowed them)

FE- HP33s

PE- TI30xs multiview (can't beat the scrolling function to see previous answers!)

I used TI89 through college- RPN is ok...but can't beat the usability of the TI calculators IMHO

PE Electrical (Power), October 2009

Casio fx-115ES

I'm doubtful that I passed, but I can only blame the operator. The calculator was great.

FS: casio 115es, w/ 115ms as wingman

FE: (ditto)

PS: exam A - casio 115es w/ TI-36x solar as wingman

"" - exam B - solo casio 115es

PE: ??

i might pick up an HP 35 for sh!ts & giggles, i got plenty of time before worrying about the PE

Last edited by a moderator:
Casio fx-115 MS used it for both the FE and the two times I took the PE. Whatever calculator you choose to use make sure you use it on a daily basis. Also check your calculator against the approved list. I bought a backup calculator that was not approved. Thankfully I noticed before the exam.

I am also a big fan of the fx-115 MS

It's much simpler to use than HP and TI in my personal point of view.

was a Ti guy all throughout highschool and college, but tried the HPs and liked them.

HP33s 4/07 FE - pass

HP35s 10/09 PE - pass

FE (1st time taker Fall 2004) Casio FX-115MS Passed

PE (1st time taker Fall 2009) Casio FX-115ES Passed

It should be noted that while I preferred the 115ES, the display was crisper on the 115MS. I wound up taking both the 115ES and 115MS in to the PE with me, using the 115MS as backup in case the 115ES decided to die on me.

TI-81 (got all the matrix problems free)

HP-33s for the PE...the equation solver is pretty cool saved me a lot of time

FE: Casio fx- something (multiline)

PE: TI- thirtysomethingx ML (multiline)

The multiline was AWESOME.

Back