CA state exam application status for April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:wacko:  you try too hard and completely made up a non-existent argument lmao. My quirk is with the state specific exams and you went off on a useless tangent about PE exam pass rates, etc. What does a pass rate have to do with decoupling the state specific exams? Nothing gray beard. Correlation is not causation. Maybe is CA board hired "qualified" employees they would have an efficient application process. 
Dude kick back, you want CAPLS on your team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You obviously failed to either really read my response or are unable to fully comprehend the context. Anytime you want to have this debate and discussion openly in front of peers, I’m willing to continue this. Until then, I wish you the best on your journey to gain a license and learn how to respectfully and professionally understand your need for personal growth.  
Oh I read it, it just was making points that I didn't bring up nor needed to be proven lol

Dude kick back, you want CAPLS on your team.

No comprende... I am already a licensed engineer. I am just commenting on the utter chaos the CA engineer board creates with their unorthodox application procedures compared to other states and the ever changing updates they make to their requirements. Side note: Talking SE states that I like...I'll take Illinois' application process anyday over other states...especially CA's!!

Last edited by a moderator:

No comprende... I am already a licensed engineer. I am just commenting on the utter chaos the CA engineer board creates with their unorthodox application procedures compared to other states and the ever changing updates they make to their requirements. Side note: Talking SE states that I like...I'll take Illinois's application process anyday over other states...especially CA's!!
Then get a life!

Not a PE said:
Crossing my fingers that I'm in the same boat that quique07 was. Sent my application out in mid-June and am still waiting for any email to come 😟
First time application or Re-Exam? 

Not a PE said:
Hi @CAPLS, is there any typical timeline for notifying an applicant of an incomplete application? Just wondering if it's possible for someone to receive notification of an incomplete application 2 months after they've sent it in (I checked my spam folder and haven't received an email from the Board after sending an application in mid-June, although my check has been cashed). Thanks!
Yes, it could be possible.  Within 60 days you should either hear of any deficiencies and how to correct those or that your technical review is completed.  If you haven't heard either of these and its past 60 days, contact the Board through the proper evaluator by first letter of last name.  See link:

https://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/about_us/contact.shtml

Hello all,

I'm nearing day 56 from submitting my PE application and have not heard anything from them yet. I'm thinking any emails ended up in my spam (I never got an email about passing the PE exam, I had to look on the NCEES webpage). 

Someone suggested adding the BPELSG email address to the address book. What emaiil address would that be exactly? 

Thanks

Not a PE said:
I'm in a similar situation with about 80 days, although I did get an email saying that my application had been forwarded to technical review. Other that that, I've been anxiously biting my fingernails hoping for an Authorization to Test to come in.

As CAPLS kindly wrote several posts ago, you can inquire on the status here:

Hope we get some news soon!
Hi @Not a PE, how long after submitting your application you received the email "saying that my application had been forwarded to technical review." I submitted my application 40 days ago and haven't received that email.

Thanks!

Not a PE said:
Hi, it was a few days longer than 60 days, and I got my application approved at a little longer than 3 months later. I'm still waiting for my actual Prometric sign up email, though.
I submitted my re-exam form in August and I'm still waiting for my Prometric sign up email too. On my last attempt, I got the Prometric sign up email about 2 weeks before the next quarter. Right now we are only 1 week away from the next quarter. 

I submitted my re-exam form in August and I'm still waiting for my Prometric sign up email too. On my last attempt, I got the Prometric sign up email about 2 weeks before the next quarter. Right now we are only 1 week away from the next quarter. 
For this last round of testing, I didn't get my Prometric registration email until the quarter had already started. It makes it a pain to register.

Not a PE said:
Hi, it was a few days longer than 60 days, and I got my application approved at a little longer than 3 months later. I'm still waiting for my actual Prometric sign up email, though.
I thought they get back to you with approved/denied/revision in 60 days. How come it took 90 days? Is it normal in this cycle?

fk1987, do you remember when you submitted your application and when it was received by the board?

@fk1987, I'm not sure if you have already, but you should try calling the Board and checking on your status with your application reviewer.

Back