CA Specific Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed seismic this time on the second try.  Passed surveying and 8 hr exam last go around.  This may be a dumb question, but what happens now?  Do we just wait for the license's to be posted online and receive more info from the state?

Well I heard you need roughly 32 correct answers to pass, with some wiggle room of course. And that 5 of the 55 questions aren't counted because they are "beta" questions. They supposedly put them in to see how many people get them right, and if they are satisfied with the results (not too hard, not too easy), they rework and reuse them for future exams. So you can only miss roughly 18 "real" questions. TBH its really dumb, they shouldn't waste your time with shit that won't be counted, but I digress...
Where did you get all that info?

doubleH said:
Oh, do you know something that I don't? I'm trying to analyze the situation for what it is. Based on previous experience and the evidence that seems to be coming to light. So, if you don't have something productive to say or add...
Actually I do.

Congrats on everyone who passed seismic!! I guess surveying is still pending?

No word on the traffic exam?

Oh, do you know something that I don't? I'm trying to analyze the situation for what it is. Based on previous experience and the evidence that seems to be coming to light. So, if you don't have something productive to say or add...
Calm down boiz, there's no need to instigate and assume. It comes when it comes.

Well I heard you need roughly 32 correct answers to pass, with some wiggle room of course. And that 5 of the 55 questions aren't counted because they are "beta" questions. They supposedly put them in to see how many people get them right, and if they are satisfied with the results (not too hard, not too easy), they rework and reuse them for future exams. So you can only miss roughly 18 "real" questions. TBH its really dumb, they shouldn't waste your time with shit that won't be counted, but I digress...
I am so frustrated. I did not pass, second attempt. Felt good enough after this go-round that I thought I would pass. The format of this exam still frustrates me and seems unnecessarily difficult because of the time constraints. Yes, the material is difficult, but it's the length and format of the exam which I think are brutal. I already do not like the clunkiness of navigating a test on a computer software, but it really hit home when comparing with the 8-hour exam with my coworkers. With the 8-hour exam, we had 4 hours to complete 40 questions (6 min/question). With the Seismic Exam, we get 2.5 hours to complete 55 questions (2:44 min:sec/question). If what you say is correct about "beta" questions also being thrown in is also correct ... that only frustrates me even further.

Would you rather be scored on questions that have not been properly vetted from an exam psychometric perspective?  Once you become licensed, I encourage you (and anyone else) to accept the invitation from BPELSG to work on the exam.  Truly an eye-opening and educational experience.

Congrats on everyone who passed seismic!! I guess surveying is still pending?

No word on the traffic exam?
Congrats to everyone that passed! Those who didn't - it is a very difficult exam. Best wishes for next time!

I am waiting on traffic too... Nothing yet. The last 4 years, traffic results have come either the same day as Siesmic or the next day. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I'm really concerned about my surveying, didn't study as much as compared to Seismic, So nervous now!

Congrats to everyone that passed! Those who didn't - it is a very difficult exam. Best wishes for next time!

I am waiting on traffic too... Nothing yet. The last 4 years, traffic results have come either the same day as Siesmic or the next day. Keeping my fingers crossed. 
Won't be crossed very long

Latest posts

Back