CA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to make a serious comment about why this annoys me, and then I'm done with this tedious exchange-
If you are going to insult a group of people processing your exam results by making up insulting acronyms, you should at least try to find out the constraints they work under. Does it ever occur to you that these individuals might be equally frustrated, and they might also possibly read your comments? As I suggested earlier, you might be able to do this by attending Public Meetings of the Board, but you didn't seem interested. And you should at least attempt to direct the comments at the guilty party.

People constantly complain about the CA board, and I understand the board takes a long time. I didn't like it when I got my exam results. And they should probably be more forthcoming with explanations, as CAPELS has been here (which is why this thread will hopefully get pinned). But I know they are a government agency, I assumed they were frustrated with the process themselves, and I know there are methods to actually try to bring about a change if you really care.

Finally, what are we talking about here? A few weeks? It's frustrating but not the end of the world. You are pretty lucky if you work somewhere without having to deal with delays.

In a lot of states you can't even take the exam the exam until you have four or more years experience. In CA you can sit for this test with 2 years experience, 1 year if you have a masters. But you almost never hear anybody in the other states complaining about that.
I agree with you that in the grand scheme of things it might seem like a small thing. But I do believe that I speak for many that it is frustrating to see California be last in handing out results. One thing is to be slow but the biggest issue I have with that is that there is no explanation of why this is. If there was a perfectly reasonable explanation for why it took twice as long - then I would gladly wait.

Deep down you gotta hope that they don't do it to punish but out of reason - but we just haven't heard that explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benbo you are a cool guy . Sorry if I offended you , I really ment no harm . The darn results is making me agitated
Sometimes I'm a cool guy. I'm afraid I went a little kooky on this thread. You didn't really offend me, I understand because I was a basket case with my results too.

Good luck.

I passed CA PE for Electrical-power. Thank You all very much for your support in this process. It really makes a big difference to have access to people willing to help.

Regards,

Tony

Fellow engineers:

When you get your result letters, please let us know, and add your location too so we know how far south the mail has reached.

Some of us are down here in San Diego. Hopefully we get our letters today too.

Congrats to those who passed.

Good luck to those who didn't.

I'm near Santa Cruz, and my wife is at home, and she was not going to look at the mail so that I would be the first to see the letter. But man, I can't stand it, and I think I will tell her to go ahead and see if the letter shows up. Does it make it easier to swallow if you open up the letter, rather than hearing from someone else? Our mail comes in at around 12-1pm. I saw another post that the DB might get updated at 12 midnight tonight. I think everybody will get their letters today. Will post again at around 1pm. Good luck fellow engineers!

Talk about a ridiculous wait for you CA guys. Congrats to those who passed, better luck next time to those who didn't, and to those waiting for the mailman, just breathe - you'll get it soon.

can one of the lucky people who have passed also check the database to see if it's been updated? Please.

Mailman hasn't been by here in San Antonio yet, hopefully there's good news in the mailbox later today!

Back