CA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to the passers! (see wasn't it worth the wait?)

better luck next time to the... not passers....

Hello Silvamela,

Do not buy any more books. Yes what people said is true just follow Hiner. The important thing is to change the way you are reviewing than reviewing more books.

I can say with my experience Hiner is more than enough for seismic. Survey I reviewed Shahin and Reza. For both seismic and survey try to do as many problems as you can.

Put your pen on paper and solve the problems just do not review and think you can solve in the exam. Thanks.

Gobol

PE :pASSED2:

PASSED THE CIVIL PE. WOW. STILL IN SHOCK. Just found out through the website. My wife hid the results from me last night and was planning a surprise party tonight. She opened the results and envited friends and family to dinner. But her plan was foiled. Could not help myself and looked up my license on the website. Thank God this is over.

PASSED THE CIVIL PE. WOW. STILL IN SHOCK. Just found out through the website. My wife hid the results from me last night and was planning a surprise party tonight. She opened the results and envited friends and family to dinner. But her plan was foiled. Could not help myself and looked up my license on the website. Thank God this is over.
Congrats dneva! Enjoy!

Passed the Mechanical PE. First time taker. I'm in Boston, MA. Still Shocked - very relieved. Huge sigh....

Going to go celebrate tonight after work!

:bananapowerslide:

Anybody out there who passed but his/her name not on the Database yet?

I am in panic mode right now. I am yet to receive my letter and from the looks of it, its going to be in a thick envelope.

Thanks

Hello Silvamela,
Do not buy any more books. Yes what people said is true just follow Hiner. The important thing is to change the way you are reviewing than reviewing more books.

I can say with my experience Hiner is more than enough for seismic. Survey I reviewed Shahin and Reza. For both seismic and survey try to do as many problems as you can.

Put your pen on paper and solve the problems just do not review and think you can solve in the exam. Thanks.

Gobol
Got results yesterday, passed at first try (Santa Rosa, Sonoma).

Seismic: I totally agreed with Silvamela that Hiner book with the two codes are good enough for Seismic. (I graduated from foreign university, never took any seismic courses). Attending the Hiner's review class might help if you not a good self-leaner. Do all the questions twice or three times and measure your time. I was able to do well as much as 45/50 questions; missed 2 and guessed the other 3.

Survey: I only reviewed Shahin and Reza and some sections in CERM. I was able to complete all the questions in the exam and double checked haft of them. More books might not help, more practice do.

Thanks,

Anybody out there who passed but his/her name not on the Database yet?I am in panic mode right now. I am yet to receive my letter and from the looks of it, its going to be in a thick envelope.

Thanks
Man, I'm with you. I let out a loud distressed yell (= crying like a baby! heheh) this morning when I checked the database, and I saw that a bunch of people I took it with were listed as passing, but my name was not showing up. If they passed, surely I should've passed too! Surely I demonstrated that I'm at least 'minimally compentant'. I felt pretty good about the exam.

As of yesterday, I haven't recieved my letter... Maybe it'll come today.

My last hope is that not all letters were sent out friday; that some letters were sent out Monday; and that, as the PELS website indicates, the database isn't updated until the passing letter is sent out..

The PELS website does say "EXPECTED schedule for mailing of letters 7/16/2010"; and word last week from PELS was that they'd be sent sometime this week... so maybe (hopefully) they are being sent in batches? ....

sigh, seems like wishful thinking, but it's all i have left to go on...

Hello Silvamela,

Gobol

I agree with Gobol. Just study what you have and flip over more time as you did. Getting additional references would only put to much pressure on what you already know and might confuse you. Do more problems this time. Try to solve the problems without looking at them.

Good luck.

Anybody out there who passed but his/her name not on the Database yet?I am in panic mode right now. I am yet to receive my letter and from the looks of it, its going to be in a thick envelope.

Thanks
Man, I'm with you. I let out a loud distressed yell (= crying like a baby! heheh) this morning when I checked the database, and I saw that a bunch of people I took it with were listed as passing, but my name was not showing up. If they passed, surely I should've passed too! Surely I demonstrated that I'm at least 'minimally compentant'. I felt pretty good about the exam.

As of yesterday, I haven't recieved my letter... Maybe it'll come today.

My last hope is that not all letters were sent out friday; that some letters were sent out Monday; and that, as the PELS website indicates, the database isn't updated until the passing letter is sent out..

The PELS website does say "EXPECTED schedule for mailing of letters 7/16/2010"; and word last week from PELS was that they'd be sent sometime this week... so maybe (hopefully) they are being sent in batches? ....

sigh, seems like wishful thinking, but it's all i have left to go on...
I did not know that. I thought everything was mailed out on Friday.

Thanks SF-Elec-Engineer for giving me a little hope. Good luck to you and everybody else still wiating out there.

I passed the Civil exam! I only had seismic left this time around. I am so relieved at achieving this milestone and not having to study anymore. Congrats to everyone and good luck to those that have to go back in October! Keep at it and don't let anything get you down.

Hi, I passed the Surveying and the seismic exams; I studied for seismic the following books:SEISMIC DESIGN REVIEW - WORKBOOK Steven T. Hiner www.seismicreview.com

300 SEISMIC PRACTICE PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS Dr. Shahin A. Mansur, PE www.passpe.com

2006 IBC STRUCTURAL/SEISMIC DESIGN MANUAL Code Application examples ISBN 1-58001-402-X

SESIMIC DESIGN OF BUILDING STRUCTURES Michael R. Lindeburg Ninth Edition

INTERNACIONAL BUILDING CODE 2006

MINIMUN DESIGN LOADS FOR BUILDINGS AND OTHER STRUCTURES ASCE/SEI 7-05

For surveying:

SURVEYING PRACTICE EXAMS AND SOLUTIONS DR. A. MANSOUR, PE wwww.passpe.com

CIVIL SURVEYING REVIEW WORKSHOP PRACTICE EXAM Reza Mahallatti www.surveyingreview.com

PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER LICENSE WORKBOOK C.V. Chelapati Volume VIII ISBN 0-942115-92-9

120 SOLVED SURVEYING PROBLEMS Peter R. Boniface

CIVIL SURVEYING SAMPLE EXAMS Peter R. Boniface

CIVIL ENGINEERING REFRENCE MANUAL Michael Linderberg

SURVEYING Theory and Practice James Anderson - Edward Mikhail

I did all the problems in those books, and believe me during the exam I did like 40 answers well on each exam, the rest guessings, but with the 40 well responded was enough. Good luck to evereybody who failed, I didn't go to any seminars.
Thanks for posting this, I am buying more books now - after failing both I am sure Reza and Hiner were not enough!! I belived advices such as : do Hiner 5 times and will be fine...Now that seems very naive... :Failed:
I disagree with everyone saying Hiner is enough. The code books you have are fine, but I would get more practice problems like 345 solved seismic problems. The more practice problems you can do the better. I did Hiners problems a couple times, 345 solved seismic problems a couple times, and the practice exam a couple times and passed.

I passed the Civil exam! I only had seismic left this time around. I am so relieved at achieving this milestone and not having to study anymore. Congrats to everyone and good luck to those that have to go back in October! Keep at it and don't let anything get you down.
Congrats Cybele.

if you have a moment, I am curious:

1) did you recieve your results via USPS today, 7/20/2010?

2) if yes, can you confirm whether you are listed on the PELS database?

My hypothesis (wishful thinking) is that some letters were mailed yesterday (7/20/2010 monday); and that for those whose passing letters were mailed yesterday, that they won't be in the database until tonight at midnight at the earliest...

I failed. Gotta dust myself off and get ready for October. Wish me luck and perserverance through another 12-15 week wait.

Congrats to those who passed!

I failed. Gotta dust myself off and get ready for October. Wish me luck and perserverance through another 12-15 week wait.
Congrats to those who passed!
Sorry to hear Xavier.

When was your letter postmarked?

I'm wondering whether there was a batch of letters (pass or fail) sent yesterday, monday 7/19/2010.

that's the only way i can explain some people in SF getting their letters on Saturday, while others in SF have not yet recieved their letter, as of yesterday...

I think I'm ready to face the fact that i have a "didn't meet cutoff score" letter at home....

recived the 1page results yesterday (monday, 7/19). Arcadia , CA (So Cal., Pasadena area)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! CA Seismic PASS

This was not my first time taking the exam. I had previously passed the 8-hr & Surveying.

Verified on PELS website and I am listed.

Used:

Seismic Design of Building Structures (SEIS9), 9th Edition by Kurt M. McMullin, PE, Michael R. Lindeburg, PE, 2008

SEISMIC DESIGN REVIEW - WORKBOOK 2006 IBC version Steven T. Hiner www.seismicreview.com

~~~I think this really helped. The first 2 times I failed the exam and did not have this book.

345 Solved Seismic Design Problems (SESP5), 5th Edition by Majid Baradar, PE, 2009

~~~ did some random plroblems here and there to suppliment studying.

To all to passed Congratulations!!!

To all who did not, keep trying. Don't loose faith. I took this exam 3 times. Not by choice, but I passed each portion of the exam one-by-one. Good Luck to all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats dneva! Enjoy!
Thanks Benbo. Keep providing that useful info and ignore the negative comments from the rookies.

I like to ask again, Anybody out there who passed but don't see their name on the website, please let the rest of us know. Believe me, no hard feelings if you think people who are not seeing their names and yet to receive the letters in the mail have already failed!! Let us know.

I am in Virginia and i know that people in Florida and New Jersey have already receieved their letters.

Congrats to everyone who passed by the way.

Thanks.

Thanks
my test result letter has yet to arrive as of tuesday 7/20/2010 in SF...

FYI: i noticed that seven additional individuals were added to the PELS electrical PE database for the 7/20/2010 update relative to the 7/19/2010 update.

lesson to me?: for those who are still in limbo, hope remains as a trickle of additional individuals are still being added daily to the database; wait till one receives the result letter.

as stated multiple times previously by a few individuals, if history is any indicator, the letter should arrive prior to seeing one's name on the database..

sigh...

Hello Silvamela,

Gobol
Got results yesterday, passed at first try (Santa Rosa, Sonoma).

Seismic: I totally agreed with Silvamela that Hiner book with the two codes are good enough for Seismic. (I graduated from foreign university, never took any seismic courses). Attending the Hiner's review class might help if you not a good self-leaner. Do all the questions twice or three times and measure your time. I was able to do well as much as 45/50 questions; missed 2 and guessed the other 3.

Survey: I only reviewed Shahin and Reza and some sections in CERM. I was able to complete all the questions in the exam and double checked haft of them. More books might not help, more practice do.

Thanks,

you sure you were able to complete all questions?????

i couldn't understand 2 questions at all especially the pipe gradient problem?

suggest me something friend about survey..thats the only thing i have to clear and this will be my 4 th attempt on it..

i have cleared civil 8hr and seismic in my first attempt..

thanks..

Back