CA-ENGINEERING SURVEYING EXAM

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a good place to discuss CA special exams for Civil PE. However, I guess we don't get many visitors here though.

Here's a useful link, to the CalTrans Survey manual -- lots of good information in construction staking in chapter 12, photogrammetry on Ch 13, and Engineering surveys in Ch 11:
http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/esc/geometronics/...Manual_TOC.html

I feel like Caltrans must be pretty involved in writing some of the questions in the Cal surveying exam...
I think the president of the California Board of PE is an ex Caltrans guy. State engineers make up a lot of PEs in the state because it is required for advancement. I bet CALTRANS is the largest single employer of civil and transpo PEs in the state.

This is a good place to discuss CA special exams for Civil PE. However, I guess we don't get many visitors here though.
Hi All:

Well I assume there are many visitors like me over here, who read all the posts made here. Its been really a great encouragement to see the info about reference books and tips.

I am preparing for the Oct 2007 Cali PE exam :bananalama: and will post some comments as I prepare more for these exams. :brickwall:

Thanks again.

Back