Building a garage

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning a smaller garage project with master suite above and screened in porch behind it.   I think I need the urinal and beer fridge combo. 

It was a great conversation piece, and since it was just "pee" I just tied it into a French drain system that ran to the back yard.
28586361.jpg

Oh yea, there won't be a septic system.  Urinal and sink will tie into storm drain and daylight at edge of property.  

25'x44' isn't big enough for all three of those desires IMHO: garage/shop/gym.

I have a 24'x40'.  Holds two project cars, a small Kubota tractor, work area, and some shelving/cabinets.   Its excellent for a garage and shop but there is no way I'd have the room for a gym.   I also have an attached garage on the home for the daily drivers, kid's bikes/toys, and lawn equipment. 

Definitely run hot/cold water to it with some form of drain...I wish I had water lines running to mine.    Power with a 100A sub-panel.  Run at least two 220V lines: one at 30A for a compressor, one at 50A for a welder.   Insulate the building well.     For heating, I use a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim heat pump system.  Heats that puppy up in a matter of minutes, it's efficient, and is works as an A/C on those hot summer days.  I'd also suggest 10' ceilings so you can use 8' or higher garage doors. 

Back