Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spaghetti with meat balls (homemade), yogurt, cheese stick and a Dr Pepper 10.

Potstickers and General Tso's at "Red Bowl" yesterday. It was actually a lot better than I'd expected, more so for the chicken than the potstickers.

Ate at the "best barbecue place around" according to my boss today. Tasted like, unsurprisingly, dry pork with vinegar squirted on it. The more times I try it, the more I genuinely hate Carolina barbecue.

Ate at the "best barbecue place around" according to my boss today. Tasted like, unsurprisingly, dry pork with vinegar squirted on it. The more times I try it, the more I genuinely hate Carolina barbecue.
Sorry. Can't beat KC BBQ.

Sorry. Can't beat KC BBQ.
Sure I can, with just about any place in TX. KC really overdoes it with the tomato-based sauces. Not my cup of tea. The dry rub places are OK.

When I lived in VT, the New England BBQ championships were held right down the street from me. If you went on Sunday afternoon, as the competitors were closing up before heading back home, they'd slash prices and all but give you the stuff. I'd waddle around and pig out. By the time I got home, I was usually covered in mud and sauce. Hard to beat a half rack of ribs for $3.

The food was great, as these folks were trying to win a trophy or two along the way.

Did I mention this was held at a brewery as well, back when I was actually allowed to imbibe from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the case at the BBQ contest at the Houston Rodeo. After about lunchtime on the second day, you'd be lucky to find scraps in a garbage can.

Back