Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leftover Larb tofu, chips and salsa, coke red.

Tofu makes me dry heave on its own, but adding the word "larb" in front of it doesn't seem to make it sound much more appealing!

Tofu makes me dry heave on its own, but adding the word "larb" in front of it doesn't seem to make it sound much more appealing!
Larb kinda sounds like the sound I make after eating tofu...kinda like Buick or ralph
I just can't do it. When I was at the Olympic Training Center some years ago, I took what I thought was a chicken lo-mein dish. Ended up being tofu, not chicken. The instant I tasted it, my mouth just opened and my tongue pushed it out like Play-Doh out of the fun factory. Pure gag reflex.

^LOL

Larb kinda sounds like the sound I make after eating tofu...kinda like Buick or ralph
I just can't do it. When I was at the Olympic Training Center some years ago, I took what I thought was a chicken lo-mein dish. Ended up being tofu, not chicken. The instant I tasted it, my mouth just opened and my tongue pushed it out like Play-Doh out of the fun factory. Pure gag reflex.
Tofu is a funny one for me, I hate the texture but like the taste. I'm no expert, but Larb is just the name for mixing it with scallions, cilantro, chili paste, spices ...etc. and is usually put into salad like cups and eaten like finger food. If you don't do Tofu, the chicken version is pretty good. Most Thai places will have it on the menu.

So you were at the training center at Colorado Springs? When and which sport?

I've been to the OTC, too. I was there in '93 ('92?) and '99 for swimming. 1993 was for the Silver camp and 1999 was Christmas training for LSU. I still have the silver camp shirt somewhere.

Crab soup and side salad.

So you were at the training center at Colorado Springs? When and which sport?
Back in the early 2000's for the Junior Olympic Rifle Championships, 3 position smallbore and international air rifle. I think I went there for two years? Can't remember exactly, traveled all the time to shoot, then traveled some more in college. Still have my Connecticut state golds sitting in my office at home.

Back