Boom

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read this to 'twas the night before Christmas' (apparently, its called 'A Visit from St Nicholas') or the way a Dr Seuss book was read by your favorite 3rd grade teach (when you took it the second time)

And so it was foretold...

The nerds were up late

Without a date 

Trying to get their results.

Some fear to fail

Some prayed to pass

But all lost their ass.

They ran to one tab

And then to another

In the basements of their mothers.

Spamming refresh

And mashing F5

They were unsure if theyd survive.

One glorious morning

The news was fast

This young engineer did not pass.

This is not a sad tale I tell you now

Failure is not an ending but a new start.

For this young engineer knew in his heart

He was not entirely ready but wanted to a quick start.

For one day, he wil be the chief

Explaining to a new junior about his this test. 

Dont give up junior, do your best. 

But sometimes its still not enough

You may need to time to relly show your stuff.

Its clunky but I just came up with this in my car between classes and a nap (Circuits lab and Human Factors in Engineering/Ergonomics). Ive failed a lot of classes in my college career and feel very much for what Ive wrote. I had a chief engineer at a previous company tell me about the time he failed what could he described as very easy classes, he busted his butt over the years and eventually he moved on the head large divisions within Cosworth and TRD. I will always remember him telling me you cannot give up. You only fail when you give up.

Good luck to all and I hope we passed whenever the results are released.

Cheers, Ricky

Last edited by a moderator:
on the NCEES Site like

giphy.gif
I feel quite disturbed now after glancing at this image.

Is anyone ever 100% confident they passed the exam? I've yet to 'see' that person on here. That person would be unaffected by all the phases and subphases. That must be a nice feeling...he/she probably aren't even worried about when results are coming out." 

Is anyone ever 100% confident they passed the exam? I've yet to 'see' that person on here. That person would be unaffected by all the phases and subphases. That must be a nice feeling...he/she probably aren't even worried about when results are coming out." 
IF a person like that exists, they aren't bothering to google frantically after the PE exam to find a forum such as this to talk about the exam. That is the other issue with the phases when being subjected to the forums here. There is a large portion of people who pass but never end up on this site. It is the stressors the first time they take the exam and then people who don't pass the first time that are on here and active.  Of course there is an exception to that rule but overall. That is what makes us first timers fall into phase 4, (no way we pass the exam) in my opinion.

there were some folks in the past (many years ago) that were like "I don't think I missed more than 2" of course no one really knows if people truly passed or failed here - just what they claim here..

Last edited by a moderator:
IF a person like that exists, they aren't bothering to google frantically after the PE exam to find a forum such as this to talk about the exam.
^this

That is the other issue with the phases when being subjected to the forums here. There is a large portion of people who pass but never end up on this site. It is the stressors the first time they take the exam and then people who don't pass the first time that are on here and active.  Of course there is an exception to that rule but overall. That is what makes us first timers fall into phase 4, (no way we pass the exam) in my opinion.
I went through the phases before I found this site. And I've talked with other PEs who experienced basically the same thing, and they never went online to research the post test stuff.

Granted of course,  this site might make readers more aware of those phases and experience it more acutely.

I went through the phases before I found this site. And I've talked with other PEs who experienced basically the same thing, and they never went online to research the post test stuff.

Granted of course,  this site might make readers more aware of those phases and experience it more acutely.
I fully believe it exists for most. I just imagine that being active on this forum during the wait period exacerbates the situation.

Good to know that most people (on a varying level of intensity) experience the same phases and believe there is no way they passed.  I've been in that phase for a while. I don't think I'll reach the anger phase.

I definitely didn't know about this forum until I was told by another engineering friend to google that some states were starting to release results.

Back