Best Advice

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Blu1913

Ok folks so here is my '.02' about the best advice to give:

ALWAYS USE YOUR CALCULATOR!!!

I'm excellent at mental math, but i have found after 6 hours of doing problems...i find myself screwing up easy addition and subtraction. THerefore, I have made rule with myself that all math will be done witha calculator...even if its 100*.01.....

:true: (a mental answer of 10 will really jack your answer up...)

I have also fat fingered many a wrong simple calculation becasue of these awful calculator choices.....I am going to try and go slow and recheck some calcs this go round

Yeah, really...theres nothing like using the SAME calculator for 14 years then having to learn another one.... :kick:

Just use a spreadsheet on your laptop/Palm. Geez, do I have to think of everything?

Be sure to bring a phone with you so you can call your coworker for a hint, and to order a pizza as the AM session winds down.
Why would anyone phone a friend? I was planning to just bring them all with me. In the long list of things I can't bring, they never one say I can't bring my team of academics to help me. In addition to academic help, I also plan to use them to unload my car just in case the NCEES-provided porters are too busy.

-GT

I was planning to just drive my car throught the doors...everyone should be wearing earplugs, so i dont think i will distrub anyone...

Wow this was a board gone wrong...everyone put your pencils down for the day...and go home...

Last edited:
Back