Beer Label Quiz

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't drink beer i got 13/15. tried guinness on vacation. If I had to drink a beer that would probably be the most tolerable of the ones i have tried.

Guinness Northstar (only available in Ireland) is the nectar of the Gods. You can't even get decent Guinness over here any more. A few years ago, they started importing concentrate that they mix with water and carbonate once it is stateside. If you hold a glass of American Guinness up to a light, it is translucent and there is a red tint to it. If you do the same with a Guinness in Ireland, it's opaque black.

11/15. That's good news about the Guinness, Wil. It gives me hope that I can find a darker beer to drink. Guinness has gotten to be a watery taste for me.

I'll admit I'm a message board junkie, and hung out for a while on Ratebeer.com. Aside from gaining 20 lbs, I learned a lot about beer - what I like, and what I don't like. When I started my beer journey, I thought Guinness was pretty good. By the time I had joined the 100 rating club, Guinness had moved way down my list of beers that I like. I will agree, it's got something weird and watery going on. The concentrate story makes sense; it's got this burned taste, almost like instant coffee. Something is just not quite right with it.

Compared to a lot of other 'stouts' these days, Guinness doesn't even hit the radar. It falls by the wayside, more as a porter than a stout.

I found that I like IIPAs and Belgian style. Fill my fridge with Dogfish Head 90 Minute and St Bernardus Abt 12 and I'd be fat, drunk and happy. Though as it sits, I have had no beer in a long time, so I'm skinny, sober and, well, still happy. :)

Compared to a lot of other 'stouts' these days, Guinness doesn't even hit the radar. It falls by the wayside, more as a porter than a stout.
If you had Guinness at the brewery, it would jump several places on your list. It's a shame they reduced the quality of their export so much.

My favorite beers are usually in the good wheat beer category, but a lot of Irish Reds and IPAs are on my list too.

don't drink beer i got 13/15. tried guinness on vacation. If I had to drink a beer that would probably be the most tolerable of the ones i have tried.
Interesting. Most non-beer drinkers that I know can't stand Guinness.

Back