Been Wanting to Start This Topic for Awhile

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, BASS! Same sort of scenario for me except for Buildings. Passed vertical on 2nd, sitting for Lateral 4th in April. Gives me hope for us long suffering test takers! 

Any advise for multiple takers that you think helped you on your last try?

To be honest, towards the 3rd and 4th attempt, I stopped taking it too seriously. If I didn't feel like studying, I didn't. If I was tired, I didn't study. I strictly focused on the problems I knew tripped me up from previous attempts and worked those types of problems. I kept some good mental photos of problems that made me say "huh?" and I worked those. I also made a couple of essays by hand for problems 1 and 2 and worked them out in analysis software. In the end, just having done it before and knowing what to expect made it a lot easier. I walked in with 2 guys that were on their first try and I was outside dribbling a soccer ball and throwing a tennis ball against a wall because I wasn't nervous at all. Feeling comfortable goes a long way with your brain working

Back