Bearing pressure on base plate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajosh

Reaction score
I have a strurt arm of raidl gate coming in at an angle on the base plate of trunnion girder. I want to canculate the bearing pressure on the base plate. Just resolving the forces from strut arm and area of strurt arm will be enough to calculate p/a or as the arm comes in at an anlge, i need to consider moment too and add Mc/I in the raing equation?

I have a strurt arm of raidl gate coming in at an angle on the base plate of trunnion girder. I want to canculate the bearing pressure on the base plate. Just resolving the forces from strut arm and area of strurt arm will be enough to calculate p/a or as the arm comes in at an anlge, i need to consider moment too and add Mc/I in the raing equation?
A schematic would indeed help, but if the load comes in at an angle but is at the center of the plate, there should not be a moment associated with the load, but a horizontal component that needs to be resisted (shear in anchors?)

Back