bathroom remodel

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snick. looks nice. I noticed you went with the elongated bowl instead of the round ones. I got cheap when we redid our bathrooms and bought the "standard" sized one. I've regretted it ever since (but like I said I'm cheap, so I'm not going to scrap this one and replace it in the near future).
We love it!!

We had them at our old house were really bummed when we moved into the new house with the round standard toliets.
I prefer the round ones, but when we replaced ours we went for the comfort height seat. It really is a lot easier to get on and off of. Well worth the extra money, especially if you have older relatives.

I was working for an A/E firm when I built my basement bathroom. The Kohler rep supplied me with a dealer sample toilet por nada. It's a comfort height, top-o-the-line model. I call it the Freeloader.

I was working for an A/E firm when I built my basement bathroom. The Kohler rep supplied me with a dealer sample toilet por nada. It's a comfort height, top-o-the-line model. I call it the Freeloader.
I'd call it a bribe.

I'd call it a bribe.
its over $10 in value, I would have had to filed paperwork and made a donation to charity equal to the retail value of the toliet.

I'd call it a bribe.
I had absolutely no purchasing/spec writing responsibilities regarding plumbing fixtures, so I'm not sure what he would be bribing me for. Plus, I only worked there for about a month after that, so he certainly didn't get anything out of the deal.

I'd call it a bribe.
I had absolutely no purchasing/spec writing responsibilities regarding plumbing fixtures, so I'm not sure what he would be bribing me for. Plus, I only worked there for about a month after that, so he certainly didn't get anything out of the deal.
then I'd call it a burn. Unless of course the "dealer sample" was used.

I'd call it a bribe.
then I'd call it a burn. Unless of course the "dealer sample" was used.
Nope, not used. I picked it up from a local plumbing supply house.

woohoo the bathroom is DONE. got the trim and final details done this weekend. Just have to buy a TP roll holder/stand thing. The vanity is too narrow to buy the kind that attaches to the vanity. You would have to be a contorsionist to twist back to reach it.

The wife decided to redo the powder room while I am gone. The guy who did our bathroom in our old house does a really good job, he does his work like he'd do it in his own house, and he does it on the side so it takes a little longer but it's a lot cheaper. This is just the first project on our list because it is a fairly small one and we figured it's be nice to not have a crooked toilet in there. We found out that the reason for that was the idiot who thought he was a handyman that used to live there. Apparently they fudged in a homemade cast iron-to-PVC coupling that didn't quite work right and they didn't even bother to anchor it at all so to fix it they just got one of those porcelain plate do-hickeys that goes on the floor that the toilet mounts on top of. Kind of explains the lopsided toilet and the stains in the drywall ceiling downstairs (our guy's regular dayjob is drywall so that'll be an easy fix). Also made it an easy decision to get rid of the ugly parquey (sp?) flooring in there. Supposedly the wife was a decorater, but based on the old wallpaper that was hiding behind the toilet, she must have been as good at that as he was at home improvements.
Hi,

Looking for some ballpark figures on cost of renovation in and around cork for a main bathroom 2.5m x 2.5m to have a rough idea what we are getting into before we start getting quotes from contractors. Any inputs based on your recent experience appreciated.
Work includes:
1. Rip off old tiles, fixtures (incl sink, toilet, bath tub)
2. Replace bathtub with a shower tray
3. supply and install shower tray,toilet, sink, all round tiles.
4. get rid of all rubble and rubbish after the work.

Hi,

Looking for some ballpark figures on cost of renovation in and around cork for a main bathroom 2.5m x 2.5m to have a rough idea what we are getting into before we start getting quotes from contractors. Any inputs based on your recent experience appreciated.
Work includes:
1. Rip off old tiles, fixtures (incl sink, toilet, bath tub)
2. Replace bathtub with a shower tray
3. supply and install shower tray,toilet, sink, all round tiles.
4. get rid of all rubble and rubbish after the work Home Remodeling kirkland.
no response

Back