Basement Finishing thread...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely, definitely, definitely kick back with a few CAB's and admire your work for a while. That is a hell of a project.

Im going to see if I can dig up my original "engineers estimate" and compare to what it really costs... damn change orders! ;)

thanks. you can't really see it in that small of a picture but he he is sticking his tongue out at the camera a.k.a mr snick.

these are crappy pics from my phone, but I think the furniture is a tad too big, going to have to do some re aranging for get togethers....

Photo_0083.jpg

Photo_0085.jpg

Photo_0086.jpg

whats sad is the only thing in the photos that the wife picked out was the TV.. ..

Its a 51", really wanted a 60" but had to make some budget cuts...

& the old rocking chair will get moved, I just cant find a homoe for it, my inlaws left it a few years ago, its the one they rocked all their kids in when they were babies, it almost went to goodwill at least 3 times...

Still need to buy 5 bar stools, but that will have to wait till next month.. and I need to put the rest of the doors on the cabinets...

I would be emberassed to show you all pics of my kitchen upstairs, it looks like shit,, I am ready to gut it as well, but am out of $$$$

Nah, you should leave the rocking chair. It's a nice functional anchor and a quirky juxtaposing of styles that contrasts nicely with and softens the clean lines and boldness of the leather couch. You might consider splashing it with a touch of color by ....

...uh oh...

:f_115m_e45d7af:

Last edited by a moderator:
looks great.

The one thing I don't like about big overstuffed furniture is that it takes up a lot of space.

the room dimension of 14' width killed me on what we really wanted.. as a family of 5 its was difficult to find what I really wanted, which was 5 movie theater chairs you coudl seperate, move around easily, etc.. but aside from those being a fortune, I just couldnt find exactly something to work.. and we went to about every furniture store in North Atlanta...

but this should work for us 90% of the time, and we can re-arrange for partys to have more room.. so its kind of what we wanted

and the other sofa is for the back room, anyone want to come help me move that one day?? I have to lift it over the bar to get it to fit in...

There's a restaurant/movie theater around here called Chunky's where the seats are fornt passenger seats out of a Lincoln Continental.

The seats are mounted on dollys so they roll easy. Seats are non-power so they have the manual lever operated recline feature. If you have a pick-and-pull nearby, it might be a cheap way to get your theater seats.

I have not been in a while but it's pretty neat. The "theater is a large flat room and they have tables to sit and eat before the movie starts. then everyone can turn to face the screen on the back wall. Waitress service for appetizers, sodas and pitchers of beer continues during the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back