Banner

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recent upgrade to the site has caused some technical difficulties, things like the countdown clock and scrolling names didn't make the transition in tact. Have patience.

its very bad design, then :( . Many people were count on it. It time to bring old software back to life. I even can't see the varieties of smiley icons to express. No spell check! Not happy with new design at all!

^^^ I don't think it's possible to bring the old software back to life. You realize this site is basically run at a loss as a service for peoplel? One guy basically runs it and pays for it, with only a little help. If you are anxious to make a large contribuition maybe he can spotlight your passing in some other way. See the Donate button? For five figures maybe they'll create an Ambrug20 forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working on the banner.

This new forum layout isn't as easy to add scripts into. I am still navigating it, and have been extremely busy at work lately, so haven't had much time to write the code.

I feel your pain, I know how it feels to finally see your 'name in lights'.

I'm working on it.

:(

It was not an upgrade by choice. The powers that be delayed it as long as they could until it was forced on them jsut before the test. It will take some time to get things back to a new normal.

I see on the front page a bunch of widgets, list of birthdays, calendar entries, etc... Maybe, like with wordpress, there is a simple text widget that can be added to the front page's sidebar amongst the other ones, and just start filling the names in manually? Just an idea, no idea how the forum software works...

Benbo, I don't need to contribute five or more or less figures to someone create my forum on this website. If I pass, I don't care about this forum. I just spend so much time here, talking to people, discussing study prep questions, working patiently to pass. I don't know the result yet, but it is really nice to see your name here on top of these pages, don't you think. I am waiting for this moment and hope, that one day it will happen. That all I ask. I don't think it too much asking, and believe, there are more people here, who agree with me.

Yes, yes, yes, we get it. The passing banner was nice. But please keep in mind this site is not a money making endeavor and that the people who bring it all together do so in their spare time and are not paid to do so. These people have jobs, families, lives and as such this forum and the scrolling banner may not be at the top of their priority list. Be patient, I'm sure DVINNY will figure it out soon, but in the meantime shut your yap. ;)

C5F07FA3.jpg

I did TRY and go back to the old format but was told na-dah...........

We appreciate your patience, which is a virtue not instilled in all people, but for those that have it, we appreciate it...

^^ What he meant to say:

I even can't see the varieties of smiley icons to express. No spell check!
I am spending my Friday evening uploading 173 smiley emoticons, one at a time (is how it has to be done) :D

Also, the spell check is working, when you type in your reply box and have a red squiggly line underneath a word, it is spell check doing that. Hover your cursor over the red squiggly'd word, and hit your right mouse button, it will prompt you for a fix.

:brick: ha..ha.. You know, I never was thinking how this web is running. No offense. I was just used it without paying attention to who and how its running. I never thought its somebody's free time to do run it. Didn't mean to upset anyone. DVINNY, this awesome idea to run this website, and I am glad that you was able to fix problems (thanks to my complains :Banane20: ). Great job :appl:

I want to get in the banner! :)

need more posts.

Back