Atlanta Schoolchildren

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) – A former fifth-grade teacher implicated in a cheating scandal reportedly gave students the illegal assistance because she thought they were “dumb as hell.”

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, math teacher Shayla Smith was accused of offering students the answers to a test they were taking at the time. She had reportedly been responsible for supervising them while the tests were being completed.

Schajuan Jones, who taught a fourth-grade class across the hall from Smith’s former room, overheard her talking to another teacher about the test.

“The words were, ‘I had to give your kids, or your students, the answers because they’re dumb as hell,’” Jones was quoted as saying about the interaction between Smith and the unidentified third teacher.
http://atlanta.cbslo...e-dumb-as-hell/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. The accused was a teacher in the same school but was proctoring tests for another teacher's class? Why? Also, was it a math test? In which case the accused should have been the one responsible for them learning the material.

Some kid (now in the 8th grade) rats out a treacher for giving them answers when she was in the 5th grade?

The whole thing just doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only cheating if you get caught...

...so in this case it was cheating. :p

Back