APRIL 2019 RESULTS - PE CIVIL - STRUCTURAL

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first attempt October 2018   25/19      total 44

second attempt april 2019  27/14       total 41

NC, Passed.

For those that are thinking about taking a class next time around. I took EET Depth and Breadth and would Highly recommend at least the Breadth. I walked out of the morning portion feeling confident about 38 of the 40 questions.

Afternoon session was a different story, unfortunately because of  work I was unable to attend all of the sessions for the depth review. So I had to do a majority of the review on my own, reviewing the supplied material. So I'm unable to say how well the afternoon review prepared me for the exam. Out of the sessions I did watch, I found them to be helpful. There were a few of the practice problems supplied by EET that helped me in the exam. 

To say the least, those 38 questions in the morning probably saved my butt,. and I owe that all to EET. Yes its somewhat price, but its not the most expensive option AND they supply bound material. I would 100% refer anyone to EET.

Posted this in the Colorado thread as well...

Passed Civil/Structural. 2nd attempt. My advice to anyone finding themselves in a similar situation is don't give up. You got this. Put in the time and money up front to provide yourself the best training you can. I tried self studying between an extremely demanding career and it didn't work for me. Second time around I cut out the extracurricular distractions and paid for the online course. There is no shame in getting outside help and the high cost of the course is worth it if you are committed to the goal. Best of luck!

Passed civil structural first attempt. Took school of PE. They really helped for the morning. Felt confident for all 40. 

For afternoon, it took a while for me to settle down and start answering questions due to difficulty. It was hard. I answered about 25 with confidence, 10 educated guess and 5 outright guess. 

I’m 8 year years out of engineering school so SoPE helped a lot for morning. For afternoon, I design everyday at work so I only had to relearn about half the material. 

Louisiana, Passed.

Anyone readying this, please give EET a look.

As the poster above me said I walked out of the morning feeling like I got 35-36 correct with no hesitations.

Their notes were almost exclusively what I used during the exam and the practice problems were invaluable.

AL - 4th attempt and finally passed it! 

The first three times I tried studying between a full time job, grad school, and family. This time around, I waited 7 years to retake it. Fortunately, I was able to take time off from work, so I studied full time for a few months (took the School of PE online class). Glad I didn't give up, although I considered it many times.

Basically, if you really want it, don't give up. Keep pushing. Best of luck!

KY, Failed 1st attempt. 30 AM/19 PM — so 49 total. Self prepared, but would love recommendations for a Depth Review Course from anyone who felt prepared for afternoon portion!

Planning to try again in October!

Failed- AM 28, PM 20- Total 48

Worst thing is got the exact same score in October 2018 with 1/10 of preparation.

Feels like an evil joke. 
Sorry to hear. Try and figure out your weak areas in both the tests. If they are more or less the same, spend ample time solving more problems in those knowledge areas. If they differ between the two tests, consider enrolling for an online course (EET is the best in my opinion) if you haven't already taken one. Also if you're comfortable with it, start a new thread and post your diagnostic reports. A lot of people will be willing to help out. 

For those who will attempt again, my advice would be to maximize your output for the morning. School of PE lectures, notes and practice problems allowed me to do so. I'm 8 years out of graduation so I had forgotten most of the non-structural material.

As for the depth, my opinion is that no matter how hard you study it's tough to answer more than 20-25 with full confidence unless you have a VERY strong foundation in steel, concrete, materials, bridges, str analysis etc. Shoot for a 35 on the morning and 20 for afternoon and you'll be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back