April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To hold myself back from checking every second... I am going to start checking email every hour on the hour during the weekdays...

Would you rather find out that the exam had posted through your email, this thread, or refreshing the NCEES page and accidentally having it load while you were looking at it?
Since the uncertainty and tension about the results release date keeps increasing, I decided to go back and answer this question.

Whatever I received, either email, mail, this thread, or NCEES website, I hope it is real. This is my story:

I was in my honeymoon when I received the official email from the State Board telling me I had passed the exam. I went crazy and even worked overnight resolving their Ethics test to get everything lined up and have my license when we had returned. I received a passing on the Ethics exam and a note saying that I would receive my license number shortly.

Guess....

I returned but never received that follow up email or mail with my license number. I decided to go into my NCEES to check with them, and to my horrible surprise, my results said Fail!. I was very confused and asked through the chat session what the discrepancy meant, and the NCEES assistant said I had to follow up with the State Board.

I tried to contact the ladies that had sent me the emails before but I received absolutely no response. Even worst, when I received one, the response tried to make it seem like the previous emails had never happened. 

So...I decided to reach out to someone else in the board. At the end, the director ended up sending an - I am sorry, our bad- you did not pass, it was our mistake to send you an email saying you had...

I truly hope this doesn't happen to anyone! It was very interesting to experience how mistakes are OK at the other end...

I really look forward to receiving positive and real news this time around though :)

P.S. I also hope I don't have to hold a license at that State for work/professional reasons, I am still hurt and I refuse! xD

Has anyone ever met this Kim person? Why should we trust her?
I wouldn't trust *that* Kim. If you change all the letters in "Kim" to their corresponding numbers you get 11, 9,  and 13, which add up to 33. If you google the significance of the number 33, you get a connection to pretty much every single conspiracy, secret society, or major religious figure.

If the government says there are no such things as aliens, you better believe there are aliens.

If this "Kim" says results will not be out today, I'd bet they will be out today.

+1 for my vote.

I'm running out of the vague response magic 8 ball images. I'm either going to have to recycle or go with some more creative alternatives.
As much as I want the results to be posted today (albeit good results to celebrate the weekend), I have feeling their not coming today.

Regardless, instead of beating ourselves up in anticipation, we can all agree on one thing (even RB), we will have our results sometime between now and next Friday, as statistics show in last 5 years, no results have come over day 42 for majority of states.

So buckle up and we'll have them before 17th.

I mean what is the point of 8-10 weeks??? How many past exams release results between 8-10 weeks??? Most of them release results within 6-7 weeks right??

Here is my take:

If we receive an email today stating that our results are available, then we will likely have the results today.

If no such email is received today, then it is extremely unlikely we'll have said results today.

I'm not 100% sure of my logic but it seems pretty stout.

As much as I want the results to be posted today (albeit good results to celebrate the weekend), I have feeling their not coming today.

Regardless, instead of beating ourselves up in anticipation, we can all agree on one thing (even RB), we will have our results sometime between now and next Friday, as statistics show in last 5 years, no results have come over day 42 for majority of states.

So buckle up and we'll have them before 17th.
Why are you so sure that @RBHeadge PE will agree with that statement? 

No, because it will be next Friday because next Friday is day 42 and 42 is obviously the answer.

Back