April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But of course, the younger you are the better. Test taking is a skill that deteriorates over time. The numbers prove that.

One of my coworkers flunked the FE and taking it again in August...then he told me if I pass he wants my stuff for October. He cray cray.

One of my coworkers flunked the FE and taking it again in August...then he told me if I pass he wants my stuff for October. He cray cray.
I don't know, I think it's best to take the PE right after the FE since a lot of the information is the same.  Strike while the iron is hot as they say.

True statement! I waited too long to take it and now studying for all the stuff that i no longer deal with is making me crazy!
Absolutely. I moved from Maryland to Wisconsin after the FE and didn't research the rule difference. I could have sat that October when things were still semi-fresh and pre-kids and then patiently waited 3 years to apply for the actual license. Hindsight...

Absolutely. I moved from Maryland to Wisconsin after the FE and didn't research the rule difference. I could have sat that October when things were still semi-fresh and pre-kids and then patiently waited 3 years to apply for the actual license. Hindsight...
...Hindsight...is 2019...which is hopefully when we'll get our results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, I think it's best to take the PE right after the FE since a lot of the information is the same.  Strike while the iron is hot as they say.
true that. Told my coworker he could have it...IF I pass.

It depends on the state, but most do not require the candidate to test in the same discipline as their degree(s).

There are 11 jurisdictions that license based on discipline, and limit stamping to work related to that discipline.

Contact the board and ask them to state exactly what they need. It may be a missing form, missing reference, or just a snafu on their end.

You would still need the experience, but you could take the exam before you get all of the requisite experience. Many states already require SE to do certain structural work.

With regards to these 11 jurisdictions, are we only talking structural (e.g., structural plans can't be stamped by someone who didn't pass the structural exam) or does this apply to all disciplines?

Knowing these specific states would be helpful for folks seeking reciprocity down the line.

Hey this happened to me after I moved to Kentucky. 

Does anyone know the typical result posting times? Like earliest vs the latest the emails get sent out? At some point I have got to stop refreshing the page 🤪

Since we are all waiting for the April results, has anyone tried to login to MyNCEES and attempted to register for a PE Exam (Especially the year round 4 CBT disciplines), but found it unavailable now? Or all like me still have them available?

View attachment 12995
1o608t.jpg

You can't divine anything from the exam registration part of the site. Stop looking into it.

Next session, I'm specifically adding this nonsense to the description of Futile Exercise B (trying to figure out how to get results before they come out).

I don't think a woman growing a beard is possible.
tenor.gif

With regards to these 11 jurisdictions, are we only talking structural (e.g., structural plans can't be stamped by someone who didn't pass the structural exam) or does this apply to all disciplines?

Knowing these specific states would be helpful for folks seeking reciprocity down the line.
Structural is almost always a separate license.

I'm referring to the jurisdictions that license based on the major disciplines: mechanical, electrical, civil, environmental, etc

AlaskaArizonaCaliforniaDistrict of ColumbiaGuamHawaiiLouisianaMassachusettsNebraskaNevadaVermont

Does anyone know the typical result posting times? Like earliest vs the latest the emails get sent out? At some point I have got to stop refreshing the page 🤪
First, it aint happening today.

We've noticed that the initial release can happend pretty much at any time. We've seen it happen pretty late into the evening. We've only started formally tracking it the last few sessions. Anecdotally, the last four years it appears to only happen during east coast business hours. i.e. 8:30-5:30.

So if people really want to engage in Futile Exercise D (reading the tea leaves). Here's how to do it:

0) spam the spam thread

1) Go to the NCEES results page. The one you've been F5'ing nonstop this week.

2) Take a screenshot

3) DON'T post that sht here.

4) Paste it into a word document.

5) Over the next few days, take note if anything looks different. Maybe something will start looking different mid-morning-ish

6) screenshot it, and paste it into the same word doc

7) compare the two screengrabs

#8 if something is actually different, report the difference in the spam thread

9) a vet will let you know if its a real sign of impending release or not

10) continue spamming the spam thread

Back