April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good news, I just got engaged!  Bad news, my fiance wants to get married in October this year.  If there wasn't already enough pressure to have passed this April session....
that's a whole lotta planning to do in a short time, good luck with that, eep.

*edited to make it less snarky sounding. i'm not trying to be snarky, i promise

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a whole lotta planning to do in a short time, good luck with that, eep.

*edited to make it less snarky sounding. i'm not trying to be snarky, i promise
we aren't having a big wedding, simple ceremony in the church, reception at a private residence, so I think we have enough time to plan.

....assuming I passed and won't have to retake the PE in October :(

we aren't having a big wedding, simple ceremony in the church, reception at a private residence, so I think we have enough time to plan.

....assuming I passed and won't have to retake the PE in October :(
fingers crossed! 

good news, I just got engaged!  Bad news, my fiance wants to get married in October this year.  If there wasn't already enough pressure to have passed this April session....
My wedding is in October too but I'll just take it next April if I need to retake. Also, taking it in April lets me take it in Florida instead of going all the way back to South Carolina like I did a month ago.

My wedding is in October too but I'll just take it next April if I need to retake. Also, taking it in April lets me take it in Florida instead of going all the way back to South Carolina like I did a month ago.
I would do that too but the problem is, there's two positions open at my company that would give me an immediate promotion with a PE.  The longer I wait, the higher the chance is they won't be open anymore.

Congratulations!  I hope you see the green button in April!  If not, speaking from experience, I got engaged two weeks after getting approved to sit for the exam...and trying to study and plan a wedding did not work out very well for me.  If I can offer any advice, if you don't pass in April, I would just enjoy the wedding planning process and focus on studying again after your honeymoon!

The first time I would have been eligible to sit for the exam happened to be the October I was getting married. I knew there was no way to do both successfully so I postponed taking the test for a year.

I just saw on NCEES LinkedIN page that there is an interim meeting going on in New Hamshire. Does that suppose to mean we are closer ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back