April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we pass, how quick should we expect a raise, how much of a raise?
Do not expect anything. It varies from company to company. I am the only PE in my office and still have not received any hike. The only kind of guaranteed thing is that you will receive a lot of interview calls with potential pay hike and promotion. Find the right opportunity and make a switch if your company don't value your PE.  

If we pass, how quick should we expect a raise, how much of a raise?
I work for a municipality.  PE license gets you promoted which is 4 grades higher, 5% a grade.  It ends up being a 21.55% raise when it's all said and done, but when you first get promoted you get moved down 3 steps so it ends up being a 5% raise initially.  

Two types of torture, one comes from taking the exam and then the second to wait for the results.

But yes, please show us PASS!

Last edited by a moderator:
9159359bcdc4fc1237a35df950a53a71--professional-engineer-a-professional.jpg

"Look at me I have my PE durrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

It is going to be May 9th.
I mean, sure It's possible...  in the same way that it's possible to roll a two at the craps table.

Don't get your hopes up for that day. Just because it happens occasionally doesn't mean it's a safe bet though.

It is already 3 EST. They don't send out emails this late. 🤨
Emails have been sent out pretty late in the day, including after regular business hours.

Back