April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, I'm in Alabama, it's 80 degrees here, I'm going to New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island for two weeks this Friday.  
Bring boots. It's mud season in VT and NH. My car is covered in VerMUD from Friday/Saturday. If you'll be in Burlington, you'll be fine. But otherwise, yeah loads of mud 

I always wanted to go to Maine...eventually but not in winter.

Luckily its not snowing here in NY.

We are headed to Bermuda on a cruise:) I'm looking forward to the pink sand and the caves.
Understandable.

Summer is about the middle 2 weeks of July so.... lol

Bring boots. It's mud season in VT and NH. My car is covered in VerMUD from Friday/Saturday. If you'll be in Burlington, you'll be fine. But otherwise, yeah loads of mud 
Yup, that's what I heard.  We'll be in Burlington.  In NH we're going to the white mountains, hoping to do some winter hiking while there's still snow/ice at elevation.

Yup, that's what I heard.  We'll be in Burlington.  In NH we're going to the white mountains, hoping to do some winter hiking while there's still snow/ice at elevation.
Follow the website newenglandtrailconditions.com so you know what you're getting into.

If you can't do one of the bigger peaks, Kearsarge North in Conway & Peaked& Middle in Conway are both decent hikes with good views. 

There was 3 ft of snowpack in Vermont on Saturday at Camels Hump. It was mashed potatoes tho. 

Oh wow..haha...good to know.

And I thought NY winters were bad.
I mean it's mostly a joke. But we do only get a couple of weeks or completely unbearable heat & humidity unlike other parts of the country. It's still nice for the rest of the summer. And some places aren't air-conditioned so I would actually avoid mid-July. 

what do you all think the cut score will be? 

;)
One less than I got right. If i got 55 right, then 54 is cutoff for example.

I think I am still fried, tried to use my NCEES password to login here.

Construction for third time. If I passed, will never use 80-90 % of material again. 

Construction is misnomer. I have plenty of experience with underground construction (tanks and pipelines), but most references are for building construction.

I took the IE test in Pomona, CA. Was there any other IE’s there? 

It was my first time. I’m trying to keep my thoughts from being negative. I’m thankful it’s over. 
I took the IE exam in AR. Not many of us around. I am really unsure about how it went. Not very confident.

It was snowing as I was leaving the PE test site (Albany, NY). I had taken Thursday off to relax and switch over to my summer tires. Felt like Mother Nature was playing a cruel belated April Fools joke...

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the IE exam in AR. Not many of us around. I am really unsure about how it went. Not very confident.
Hi! I think the majority of engineers at the test site were civil. 

I agree with you that there were not many IEs there. 

Ive been in Phase 2 since exam day. I know i answered at least 60 correct. Out of the 20 remaining, I know I missed 5 for sure. I figured out the correct answers after the exam. The remaining 15 can go either way.

This will be a long 6-8wks, but it beats having to sacrifice evenings and weekends studying. I took Transportation.

Hi! I think the majority of engineers at the test site were civil. 

I agree with you that there were not many IEs there. 

I took it in AR. 

Mechanical HVAC here. I saw a few other HVAC guys there too, but yes typically most are Civils

I seriously woke up around midnight last night, grabbed my phone and googled one of the topics. Pretty sure I got that particular problem wrong. haha, I may be transitioning to a different phase now. 
Welcome to Phase 2.

It appears that I am the only one on the forum that took the Mechanical TFS exam???
Probably not. You may just be the only extroverted (or least introverted) ME who took the test this session.

If I passed, will never use 80-90 % of material again. 
Truer words have never been spoken.

This will be a long 6-8wks,
9-12 weeks in Pennsylvania

Is there a phase where you're constantly creeping on Engineerboards.com just to see the chatter? I think I'm there.
Nope, that just normal behavior.

Back