April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.  I don't know if anyone is following this, but Notre Dame is burning...and my heart is aching for everything that is gone.  Everything but the stone will be gone at the end of this and I just...It hurts to see something like that be gone so easily?

Guys.  I don't know if anyone is following this, but Notre Dame is burning...and my heart is aching for everything that is gone.  Everything but the stone will be gone at the end of this and I just...It hurts to see something like that be gone so easily?
Holy crap!!! That's crazy! Somehow I didn't think something like that could ever happen. I'm just happy I was able to see the building before it burned.

Holy crap!!! That's crazy! Somehow I didn't think something like that could ever happen. I'm just happy I was able to see the building before it burned.
I saw it last August, and I really wanted to take my mom there since she is a huge religious nut/wants to pilgrimage to a bunch of spots, and now...It's just gone.  I have photos, but it isn't the same as seeing it in person?  I'm hoping they can rebuild (I think a scientist recently did an imaging survey on the structure).  I want it to be rebuilt, but understand why it might not be.

Even my atheist ass is sad about the ND fire. I saw it in 2005 and it’s beauty and majesty could not be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back