April 2018 15K SPAM thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, comparing the nutritional value between the 2 choices is actually a moot point. One may be higher in saturated fat, but the other is packed full of nitrates and other "non-food" items. Everything in moderation is what I typically say. I like them both, but again, in moderation of course. :thumbs:
Lol true...but my stomach can handle the nitrates better than it can handle the saturated fats, :p  so turkey bacon it is.

Lol true...but my stomach can handle the nitrates better than it can handle the saturated fats, :p  so turkey bacon it is.
Turkey also typically as roughly the same amount of saturated fat. What they will do is simply cut the serving size in 1/2 to account for this. So essentially, 2 slices of real bacon = 1 slice of turkey bacon = same nutritional content. :p

Turkey also typically as roughly the same amount of saturated fat. What they will do is simply cut the serving size in 1/2 to account for this. So essentially, 2 slices of real bacon = 1 slice of turkey bacon = same nutritional content. :p
True, but total fat content is still lower with turkey bacon, which = happier tummy for me.

It only upsets your tummy because you've programmed your guts to accept that trash known as turkey facon.  It doesn't know what to do with real food.

True, but total fat content is still lower with turkey bacon, which = happier tummy for me.
For conventional bacon yes. But there are other lean/low sodium alternatives which tend to be a wash concerning fat content.

However, I'm not complaining since I now have another turkey bacon advocate! :thumbs:

:bananalama:

Ugh.  Mondays. Bleh.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything goes in the spam thread! 

Shall we now discuss soy bacon? :dunno:

No.

But I did have soyrizo mixed with scrambled eggs and veggies in a breakfast burrito yesterday, prepped on the beach before we kayaked back to the rental place. That, while not the same as chorizo, was way better than I was expecting!

Last edited by a moderator:
About ready for a nap. Also, booked our Fourth plans! Lake Tahoeeee here I come, for an extended weekend! Airbnbing two nights, and camping two nights, with friends coming up from LA.

But I did have soyrizo mixed with scrambled eggs and veggies in a breakfast burrito yesterday, prepped on the beach before we kayaked back to the rental place. That, while not the same as chorizo, was way better than I was expecting!
@leggo PE, are you veg? Lady Squaretaper is, and that stuff is pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back