April 2017 15k spam-a-thon

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I dodged any hail here, but my UPS I think is broken/faulty since it is acting up lately and kind of causing more harm than good...

Seems like a good time to head home  :p

Beer drinking, spam eating hopeful PE

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

I started working out a few months ago and bought this shirt to motivate me.

https://www.activateapparel.com/design/99155-lord-swoledemort/6010-heathered_gray_nl-md

6010-heathered_gray_nl-z1-t-lord-swoledemort.png
Wingardium Liftiosa

Random Spam Recipe:

Gallina de Madre

4 thick-cut slices country bread

Extra-virgin olive oil

salt and freshly ground black pepper

8 thin slices SPAM

4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Lay bread out on a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toast lightly. Spoon a dollop of béchamel (recipe below) onto each toast. Arrange 2 slices of SPAM on each slice of toast, make a small indentation so the egg will sit in it. Crack egg and drop onto each slice of SPAM/toast. Bake in oven until eggs are just cooked but the yolk is still slightly runny, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Pairs with:  Black Coffee with a shot of Bailey's

Random Spam Recipe:

Kimchi Fried Rice
serves 3-4, or 2 people over the course of one gluttonous evening.

3-4 eggs, beaten
1 can (12 oz) Spam Lite, diced
1/2 large onion, diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 1/2 cups kimchi, chopped, with liquid
4-5 cooked rice, preferably a day old
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp gochugaru (Korean spicy red chili powder), optional
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, to fry on top
shredded nori for garnish, optional
mozzarella or American cheese, optional

1. Heat one tablespoon of oil over high heat. Scramble eggs, then set aside. I like to season it with salt and pepper at this point.
2. Heat a bit more oil, then panfry diced Spam until lightly browned. Add diced onions and garlic and continue to sauté until onions begin to soften (they don’t have to be fully cooked and translucent). Add kimchi and continue to panfry on high heat until kimchi liquid begins to evaporate and kimchi grows crispy.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add rice and break it up until fully mixed. (This will take some arm work.)
4. Add sesame oil, gochugaru, and any additional salt and pepper, to your preference.
5. Finally, fry an egg sunny-side up to serve on top, and garnish with shredded nori. The rice tastes amazingly creamy with the soft egg yolk mixed in. You can also sprinkle some mozzarella on top or melt a slice of American into it — whatever you feel like!

Pairs with: Jaggermiester

Random Spam Recipe: Spam Western Pasta Salad

Ingredients

• 1 12-ounce can SPAM® Classic, cut into cubes
  • 3 cups macaroni, cooked and drained
  • 1 cup cubed Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 3/4 cup chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
  • 2 tablespoons creamy mustard blend
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons barbecue sauce

Directions

• 1.In large bowl, combine macaroni, SPAM® Classic, cheese, carrots, celery, bell pepper and onion; mix well.
  • 2.To make dressing, in small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard and barbecue sauce.
  • 3.Toss macaroni mixture with dressing. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
Pairs with:  Dom Perignon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back