April 2017 15k spam-a-thon

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still counting the round blue spheres.  Lol. 

Random Spam Recipe:

Sweet and Spicy Brussel Sprouts with Spam
2 servings

What you need:

• 1 tbsp oil
  • 2 slices spam, about 2 oz each.
  • 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 8oz brussel sprouts, halved
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp hoisin sauce
  • 1 tbsp hot chili sauce (sriracha, or sambal)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp sichuan peppercorns

How to do it:

• Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet. Spread brown sugar onto both sides of the sliced spam. Sear on both sides until sugar has caramelized, about 3min on either side.
  • Meanwhile, blanch brussel sprouts in salted water until bright green and cooked, about 3min. Make the sauce by mixing soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and hot chili sauce in a separate bowl.
  • Remove sliced spam from the pan and set aside. Wipe off the pan to remove any excess sugar, and then toast minced garlic and sichuan peppercorns until aromatic. 
  • Toss in brussel sprouts and sauce. Dice sliced spam and stir it back into the pan. 
  • Serve with white rice and a sunny side up egg.
Pairs well with:  Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill
This sounds super good.

45 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:
LadyFox is addicted to it. Really fun on Nintendo Switch! Plus you can take it on the go and feed the addiction! :D

I know, it is so good.  I always go in thinking I'm going to finish something but always end up getting sidetracked just roaming the world.

edit: TOP!

:bananalama:

edit 2. oops, missed that one

Last edited by a moderator:
Random Spam Recipe:  Spam Hash

This quick-to-prepare hash made with buttery Yukon gold potatoes a satisfying, wholesome meal for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. Leftovers, should there be any, also warm up nicely. Top the servings with poached or sunny-side-up eggs and also a sprinkling of shredded Cheddar cheese, if you would like.

INGREDIENTS

Select ingredients:

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 1/2 pounds (about 4 medium-size) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

1/2 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped

1 (12-ounce) can Spam, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, onion, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned.

Add the Spam, thyme, and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 more minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the Spam is lightly browned.

Pairs with:  Skol Vodka on Ice with a lemon twist

She's my role model, too!!!!
99b73e426e255533086cd46c4332e4b7.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 10 post count

thekzieg 55 posts

leggo 39 posts

matt267 PE 33 posts

thejulie_PE 21 posts

vhab49 21 posts

EhmayWuntee 16 posts

Karissa 15 posts