April 2016 Pencil

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a white one and one that is more of an ivory. The ivory is due to my excessive hand sweating while trying to calm down. I'd consider that more valuable, like a game worn jersey. Do. If you really want one, I can send it. Just let me know where.

I have a white one and one that is more of an ivory. The ivory is due to my excessive hand sweating while trying to calm down. I'd consider that more valuable, like a game worn jersey. Do. If you really want one, I can send it. Just let me know where.
Are you kidding me?  I'd take an NCEES pencil that fell into a public toilet bowl! 

So, are you serious?  :D  

7 hours ago, DuckFlats said:

Are you kidding me?  I'd take an NCEES pencil that fell into a public toilet bowl! 

So, are you serious?  [emoji3] 
Message me an address. I'll send one your way.

After receipt, we'll have to re-visit our respective pencil counts. :thumbs:
lol

Let's just say that when I visited the CA state Board's offices several years ago and there were cups full of old NCEES pencils.... I did not hesitate to not control myself.

I still want to do what we talked about a year or two ago and start a thread showing every pencil from every administration since the inception of the NCEES pencil (2001/2002, I believe?).  One of these days I'll get around to it....  Keep bugging me.  ;)  

lol

Let's just say that when I visited the CA state Board's offices several years ago and there were cups full of old NCEES pencils.... I did not hesitate to not control myself.

I still want to do what we talked about a year or two ago and start a thread showing every pencil from every administration since the inception of the NCEES pencil (2001/2002, I believe?).  One of these days I'll get around to it....  Keep bugging me.  ;)  
Cheater!  I'm telling Tim@NCEES!!  LOL

I'm in.  Though it will be more difficult to figure out those that didn't have the year printed on them.

I have 2002 and 2006 pencils that have no dates...although I don't remember which color was from which test.

What colors are they?  Back then it seemed that they rotated between red and forest green as those (2) colors make up the bulk of my collection.

That would be mine!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

What about FE pencils... you know, for when it wasn't a computer based exam.  I remember they handed out wooden ones.  I think they were either red or yellow, but I can't remember for sure.  They weren't mechanical, that I can recall.  But that was back in '96

What about FE pencils... you know, for when it wasn't a computer based exam.  I remember they handed out wooden ones.  I think they were either red or yellow, but I can't remember for sure.  They weren't mechanical, that I can recall.  But that was back in '96
It was yellow at my first attempt at the FE was in 09.

I took my FE in Oct 2001 and I used my own pencil.  I believe Apr 2002 was the first administration where NCEES pencils were handed out. 

I took my FE in Oct 2001 and I used my own pencil.  I believe Apr 2002 was the first administration where NCEES pencils were handed out. 
Man I feel cheated.  I had a plan jane pencil, and couldn't even keep it.

I took the FE in April 2001.   if I remember correctly, they provided the pencil but it was a plain ole yellow #2. 

It was yellow at my first attempt at the FE was in 09.
I took my FE in April 2009, my pencil was white with red accents such as the sweet finger pad. Then I took the PE in October 2015, It was also white with red highlights... I was slightly sad they were the same (just with different dates on them). 

Spring 2005 was green and mechanical.

Back