April 2014 Pencil Color

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the April 2014 exam I actually meant to be compliant and leave the pencil behind. Last week, as I was cleaning out my truck, I saw that it was in my glove compartment. I honestly do not remember taking it out of the test room.

Hmmm, I tried to multi-quote last night with my new W8.1 computer at home and it wouldn't work. Trying today at lunch from work with W7 and it works fine. ?

I honestly can't remember whether they gave us pencils in 2000 when I took the EIT or not, but I am pretty sure my first PE attempt was red, my second attempt was blue, and I think my FS was green (maybe?). None of those are still around, they've long since been lost. But I have my black one, and it'll get lost someday too.

I took my FE in Fall of 2001 and, from what I remember, it was the last administration where examinees could use there own pencils (and own calculators! - praise the TI-89!)

I keep failing just to keep getting these awesome pencils......

Timing is about right too! Every six months its time for a new one!

LOL. That's what I tell my co-worker, who I have been helping study. I want him to do well enough so that he doesn't get discouraged and stop taking the exam, but not well enough to pass (because then I'll lose a pencil source). ;)

^ I did just that after my examination. No where in the candidate agreement I signed did it indicate my results would be invalidated by keeping the NCEES pencil. LOL

I distictly remember in my agreement it said you are free to keep the pencil. I can't remember if it was the CA agreement or NCEES agreement but I am 100% it was there. Maybe I'll try to find it.

I don't recall anybody saying anything one way or the other about the pencil in Austin. I definitely walked out with mine. It clearly wasn't prohibited and it's not like they're going to use a pencil that says "April 2014" again.

Unfortunately, this is not true. I think the first time I took Seismic (Oct '11), they gave us April '11 pencils. I blame not passing seismic the first time on this. ;)

And at the Houston site, we were told to take them. Do not leave them, that if you didn't want it throw it away.

Holy S! Throwing away a sacred NCEES pencil? Blasphemy! I really hope that no one who threw away their pencil passed the exam. Think about it, do we really want engineers so irresponsible as to throw away the holy NCEES pencil designing our roads and bridges and highways and electrical backbones and transmission lines and sewers and storm drains and pump stations and…. Etc.?! I think not!

LMAO....

Back