April '09 Roll-Call

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CPM is critical path method of tracking and scheduling large, complex constuction projects. I don't have the CERM manual with me but it's towards the end.
However you don't have time for a "large,complex" network on the PE exam only a few nodes to deal with. Really it's just logic on that. Think it out and don't get ahead of yourself and it's easy. Then again I do alot of construction management in my job, it might just be my perspective but the CP problems that were on the exam were easy if you understand the basics. Some of the transpo surveying stuff threw me for a loop though. Make sure you know that stuff backwards and forward.

So far I've had dreamed that I failed the test.....three times. In another dream NCEES moved the exam site location but my notification was lost in the mail, and they didn't update the website. I hope this is just nerves and not a sign of the times to come.

I'm In! Round 2. First time October 2008 and took Civil/Structural Depth......I'm planning on doing the same this time. Good luck to all those repeat takers, we'll get em' this time no matter what the pass rate is for repeaters.

HI!! I AM GETTING READY FOR MY 5TH TIME. TO BE HONEST THIS IS MY FIRST TIME STUDYING.... I HAVE 3 MONTHS, HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE IT. 2TIMES WR AND 2 TIME TRANSPORTATION. AND I AM PLANNING TO GO ON TRANSPORTATION AGAIN THIS TIME, I HATE ENVIRONMENTAL..... :party-smiley-048:

It's my second time and I would still be taking CONSTRUCTION depth. I am hopeful and more confident this time... GOOD LUCK to everyone. :party-smiley-048:

First time taker. Did some practice problems last night.... Did not go so well. What edition of the cerm is recommended for the exam?
If you don't have one already, buy the newest one. Also, get a unit conversion book, they cost about $15. Don't get discouraged by the practice problems. Keep studying, once you get in there your brain will just start working and it will fly by. Good luck

Just found this website and joined up tonight. It looks like an awesome resouce.

I'm taking the April exam (construction depth) in Knoxville, Tn.

I just passed the FE 12 years after graduating and 8 years on the job. Hopefully the April PE exam will be as good to me as the October FE. PM focus on Transpo.

JB

You really don't need to worry about structural for the am portion.

If you can analyze a basic truss, find reactions for a beam, etc. you will be more than fine. Just go back and review your statics notes. Those will probably be your best study tool. Don't worry about any superposition methods for the am portion. :)

The morning structural stuff is very very basic. I promise!

You really don't need to worry about structural for the am portion.
If you can analyze a basic truss, find reactions for a beam, etc. you will be more than fine. Just go back and review your statics notes. Those will probably be your best study tool. Don't worry about any superposition methods for the am portion. :)

The morning structural stuff is very very basic. I promise!

Thanks! That helps..now if if I can just motivate myself to work some probs..

I will be taking the PE in Paril 2009 for the 2nd time. My background is bioengineering/environmental however, I feel more comfortable taking the construction. I think it is because both my parents were in construction and I grew up around it. It seems familiar to me.

HI!! I AM GETTING READY FOR MY 5TH TIME. TO BE HONEST THIS IS MY FIRST TIME STUDYING.... I HAVE 3 MONTHS, HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE IT. 2TIMES WR AND 2 TIME TRANSPORTATION. AND I AM PLANNING TO GO ON TRANSPORTATION AGAIN THIS TIME, I HATE ENVIRONMENTAL..... :party-smiley-048:

What is your background in?

Latest posts

Back