Anyone selling Casio FX-115ES Plus Calculator?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what you need, for electrical, the Casio is way better imo.

Yes, for electrical, I've used most of the approved ones and nothing beats the Casio.

Casio is the way to go for EE...complex numbers..

Buy it at Amazon or buy it from me if you are local...

Casio is the way to go for EE...complex numbers..

Buy it at Amazon or buy it from me if you are local...

TI-36X Pro does complex numbers. Used the Casio for FE and the TI-36X Pro for PE. TI is much more user friendly and great for electrical.

Agreed, buy it from someone/store local or Amazon. You will pay too much for shipping if you buy either calculator from someone on here.

I used an HP in college and before that used Casio exclusively. I've never owned / used a TI before. When looking for an approved calculator for the exam, I saw some positive posts on the forum for the TI-36X Pro so I used that on the power PE exam. I found it very easy to do complex number calculations and would recommend it to others.

That said, everyone has their own preference for what they feel comfortable with and think is "the best". I haven't personally used the Casio FX-115ES, so I can't draw any specific comparisons of which one is easier to use or better for the electrical PE exam.

I would be interested to see a detailed comparison from someone that has used both instead of the standard "Casio is better" or "TI is the best" response.

Back