Any Reviews for Traffic & Highway Engineering by Nicholas J. Garber

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civitech

Reaction score
Traffic & Highway Engineering (Hardcover)

by Nicholas J. Garber

I just got this book and seems very nice text book.

Did anyone used this book to pass transportation depth in the past?

or using it now for oct 2009 exam?

any reviews will be greatly appriciated.

thanks.

Traffic and Highway Engineering by Garber, Nicholas is a great study material. I am using it for my October Transportation exam. I also have Instruction Manual for Traffic and Highway Engineering by the same author. Its a soft cover book with the solutions on every practice problems in the textbook.

If you are looking to learn a topic or gain an additional insight, I would recommend Hoel & Garber's book. I did not have this book when I took the test. I bought this book prior to taking my PTOE exam and found it useful. If you can get a hold of this book then great, if not, you will do just fine.

Ofcourse, you can always do some extra practice problems from this book. Who knows one of the problems may show up on the test, if you know what I mean!!

Good luck.

thanks a lot Vishal. Did you take trans as depth in PE CIVIL?

What do you recommend other than this book to study and practice for the trans depth?

Do you have the Garber instructor manual with solved probs book?

thanks.

Ofcourse, you can always do some extra practice problems from this book. Who knows one of the problems may show up on the test, if you know what I mean!!

Good luck.

thanks a lot Vishal. Did you take trans as depth in PE CIVIL?
What do you recommend other than this book to study and practice for the trans depth?

Do you have the Garber instructor manual with solved probs book?

thanks.
I did take Transportation Depth. I had joined a review course offered by School of PE and they had provided great notes as well as problems. Apart from that, I had solved 6-minutes solutions problems and NCEES Sample Q&A.

I do not have the instructor manual.

I did take Transportation Depth. I had joined a review course offered by School of PE and they had provided great notes as well as problems. Apart from that, I had solved 6-minutes solutions problems and NCEES Sample Q&A.
I do not have the instructor manual.

Vishal,

Thanks again. I alredy finished School of PE, 6-minutes solutions problems and NCEES Sample Q&A. I am really worried about the exam.

I am now doing extra probs from Companion of CERM- practice prob book, civil pe examination book,etc. Do you recommend anything else to preapre for trans pm?

What about manuals? Should I go thru all the manuals listed in NCEES. Its really verryyyyy time consuming process to go thru HCM, AASHTO, ROADSIDE DESIGN GUIDE,ETC.

Please advise.

Vishal,
Thanks again. I alredy finished School of PE, 6-minutes solutions problems and NCEES Sample Q&A. I am really worried about the exam.

I am now doing extra probs from Companion of CERM- practice prob book, civil pe examination book,etc. Do you recommend anything else to preapre for trans pm?

What about manuals? Should I go thru all the manuals listed in NCEES. Its really verryyyyy time consuming process to go thru HCM, AASHTO, ROADSIDE DESIGN GUIDE,ETC.

Please advise.
If you have studied what you have mentioned then I think that you should not worry about the exam. Make sure that you stay fresh and continue to solve the problems. Tab your references and make sure that you know where to look for a given problem.

If you can solve all the problems that you have encountered (SPE, 6-minutes, NCEES Sample) using the reference books then I won't worry about going thru all the manuals cover to cover. Still, make sure that you know which manual contains what topic so that you know where to look at. I am not saying that you will encounter only what you have practiced but if you have practiced enough then the chances are, you will know which reference to look for.

Don't sweat and don't ignore other topics.

Good luck.

If anyone has the Garber material or School of PE transpo material could you please share? I am scheduled to take the exam, but have not seen this material. My email is [email protected] . Thanks!

If anyone has the Garber material or School of PE transpo material could you please share? I am scheduled to take the exam, but have not seen this material. My email is [email protected] . Thanks!

Im looking for the solutions manual for this book Traffic & Highway Engineering by Nicholas J. Garber.

Can anyone share plzzz..im scheduled to take the exam soon and i desperately need it...

my email is : [email protected]

Thanks alot.

Traffic and Highway Engineering by Garber, Nicholas is a great study material. I am using it for my October Transportation exam. I also have Instruction Manual for Traffic and Highway Engineering by the same author. Its a soft cover book with the solutions on every practice problems in the textbook.

How did you obtain the solution manual? Is the manual for the third or the fourth edition? I have been tring to otain the solution manual. Any advise/assistance will help.

Sam

How did you obtain the solution manual? Is the manual for the third or the fourth edition? I have been tring to otain the solution manual. Any advise/assistance will help.

Sam
I found raffic and Highway Engineering by Garber, Nicholas and the solution book at local library! :party-smiley-048: Try yours. You never know what could pop-up there.

Sam
I found raffic and Highway Engineering by Garber, Nicholas and the solution book at local library! :party-smiley-048: Try yours. You never know what could pop-up there.

Thanks

Back