Any Of You?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneArm

Reaction score
Any of you study and study and still feel like you do not know enough or still have to look at the solutions to figure out a problem.

Also, have any of you not done well on a practice exam only to find the real thing easier. Just curious.

Fortunately you still have some time to get yourself comfortable with the material.

Any of you study and study and still feel like you do not know enough or still have to look at the solutions to figure out a problem.
Yes, even right up to the exam I felt like that.

Dear Onearm:

I trust you are begining to entertain fact that preparing for this test will be exhausting. Yes in deed. The practice exam questions may seem difficult at first, but after repeatedly challenging yourself you will find your intuitive reasoning will be awoken along with a steady sucess of correct solutions. Just keep the practice problems coming, this is going to take time, prolly 3-4 months with 2-3 hours per night.

Forget about living a normal life, this is a serious commitment unless your some kind of WiZ!

Best of Luck, and remember PRACTICE PROBLEMS & more practice problems. 6 Minute Soltions is a great start.

the other board practice exams are significantly more involved than the real thing... the ncees practice is relatively realistic.

Don't do the NCEES exam until about three weeks out. It is pretty realistic and will give you a good idea of the areas you need to put some more time in.

I recommend the other boards problems, although they are much more complex than you'll see on the test. If you get comfortable with more complex problems, then simpler ones should be a breeze.

Good luck!

Your feelings are normal. Just keep going, work on proficiency and seeing the big picture (theories/prinicipals beind the problems), and you will find the actual exam is easier than you expected once there.

(hopefully - just keep working on it)

Back