Another - Only in America - sex/golf situation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The article is blocked, but I have some input on this. I know a transgendered fencer. This is a person who has gone from a he to a she. Shes a very nice person and very very good fencer. Like a nationally ranked fencer in her age group. Im not sure who knows, or what the situation is, but Im not really sure how I feel about it. The only reason I know about this person being transgendered is because a coworker of my wife saw a picture of our fencing team and recognized the person as someone they went to college with (and knew from before and after the procedure).

Shes very good, but genetically she is a man. Overall I think people who believe they are another gender enough to go through all that stuff are entitled to live their lives as whatever genital bears they choose, but when it comes to sports its a bit of a gray area.

how is the fencing stuff going...you haven't talked about it much lately.
Ive sort of given it up lately. I still go down the club to help run tournaments and to referee every so often, but I dont really do much fencing anymore. I either have to go full bore with training (3-4 nights a week) and do tournaments every weekend or I dont want to do it at all. With all the studying for the PE that makes practicing really tough. Plus Ive been back into running lately and I can do that at my house instead of driving halfway across the city. Im hoping that I can pick it up again some day because its amazingly fun.

I'm sorry, but Rodney Dangerfield there is NOT a lady by any stretch of the imagination.

To cleanse the palate after MA's completely uncalled for post....

9lbgvs.gif

I work in the same city she is from, which has about 50% homosexual population. Even in that city , palm springs, the transgenders are discriminated against. There was a big blow up because a high-end gay oriented ultra-lounge kicked a group out. On pipeline replacement project, there was a transgended guy that liked to walk around with no top on. The construction workers joked about it; thankfully I never saw him.

Back