And yet another school shooting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend is a professor at Purdue, where the shooting was yesterday. She said, "It seems like this is happening more frequently." This just highlights that.

Also, never trust a EE.

as listed on the OU website:

As of this time, no evidence has been found of any shots being fired. There are no injuries reported at this time. Both the Norman and OU police department have very quickly responded as well as emergency personnel. President Boren is at the scene. Normal campus operations have resumed except for Gould Hall where additional checking is continuing. More information

I've been a little surprised by the lack of coverage in the news on the Purdue shooting yesterday. I had a lot of info posted in my facebook newsfeed because apparently the victim was an eagle scout. It was just odd to see such a disparity between news coverage from the news media and how much info was posted on social media.

^ honestly, I didn't even know about the Purdue shooting until CSB just mentioned it.

It was just odd to see such a disparity between news coverage from the news media and how much info was posted on social media.

It wasn't a school shooting, per se. It was a dude with one target in mind who surrendered right after he shot the guy he was after.

Happens every day in the US.

Not really (sadly) newsworthy...not nationally.

^^

I don't think it's commonplace for those sorts of attacks to happen on a college campus though.

No, I agree, but it does happen.

Kinda has to be a mass killing to make the news, unless an AK, AR, or something of that nature was used, then they jump all over themselves.

I had to find out via my husband, who saw on Facebook that everyone was posting to her, "I'm glad you're okay!" He said, "What happened?" I found out via Facebook hours later.

The OU incident was a guy with an umbrella and a car that backfired.

Last year was a gunman scare which turned out to also be ... an umbrella.

Need to ban umbrellas with extra large magazines and banana clips.

Columbia SC police are vigilant about blocking off streets and blowing up suspicious packages, which invariably turn out to be backpacks full of clothing that belong to the homeless that plague the city.

Back