AM section question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windgate

Reaction score
I am not taking the structural afternoon section and I have to admit this is not one of my strong subjects. I am mostly going after the “low hanging fruit” in the AM section.

That being said: CERM p50-3 gives two different equations for concrete beam factored loads. ACI 318 9.2 (U = 1.2D + 1.6L) and ACI app. C (U = 1.4D + 1.7L). The example problem solution that follows has two separate solutions, each using one of the equations. The majority of the practice problems that I have worked through use the ACI 318 app C equation.

What is the correct factored load equation to use for concrete beams?

I am not taking the structural afternoon section and I have to admit this is not one of my strong subjects. I am mostly going after the “low hanging fruit” in the AM section.

That being said: CERM p50-3 gives two different equations for concrete beam factored loads. ACI 318 9.2 (U = 1.2D + 1.6L) and ACI app. C (U = 1.4D + 1.7L). The example problem solution that follows has two separate solutions, each using one of the equations. The majority of the practice problems that I have worked through use the ACI 318 app C equation.

What is the correct factored load equation to use for concrete beams?

[/quotU

Use 1.2D + 1.6L for all concrete members design not only beams

1.4D +1.7L became a history

Back