Alabama has been released

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got results from Alabama. Civil Structural.

Failed with a 49/80.

I guess trying to cram for the PE three weeks before the test wasn't a good idea. I'll be out of town in April, but will register again for the next October session. With much more preparation.

i took the civil structural PE exam, it was a doozy. i'm not exactly confident i passed but i guess i'll find out soon enough.

LOL, that's kind of a douchebag move Porter to call the exam a "doozy" after someone stated that they've failed that discipline. C'mon man, keep that kind of stuff to yourself.
No offense taken. I (obviously) thought it was hard, too. I really didn't expect to pass, but I had already paid the fee so it didn't make any sense to not try.

It was hard to find time to study with a one year old at home. My next plan will include a quiet, off-site study area.

Those who passed, have you received any letters from the state yet?
I haven't yet. I don't expect anything until next week at the earliest. The hard part of waiting is over, so I don't care if they send the letter a month later.

I got my letter last Friday. It is dated December 18th so I'm guessing that they mailed them out on Thursday afternoon. $25 due within 30 days, then a receipt along with you license number will be mailed back to you. It also states that no license numbers will be issued until after January 6.

Found my number yesterday, I didn't update my email signature or business cards until I had that. I figured they could change their minds on me up until I have the license number.

Back