AISC Seismic Provisions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TehMightyEngineer

BRB Starting an Engineering Firm
Reaction score
So, I have the lateral coming up in April. Digging around the office I have the 2005 supplement No. 1 version of AISC 341-05. The required documents list for 2014 lists that the second printing (2006) or the third printing (2008) are the standards used.

Do I really need to buy the new version or is my standard sufficient for the test criteria?

You need to buy the new version - because you are asking it shows that you haven't studied. :) AISC will likely allow you to trade in your earlier release for a later one if you call them.

Nope, starting my study regimen this weekend (and then vanishing for 3 months till exam time). I'm a little later getting to it this year but having put in one whole year of study for Vertical Forces and then passing that has (hopefully) justified a little lazy.

I'll give AISC a call, even if I have to buy it outright that shouldn't be an issue.

good luck pirate! studying those example problems will go a long, long way with your studying

Back