After PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hungry: you get fired because you basically go stop showing up for job without approval of taking off (3 weeks nonetheless, not a couple days). We don't the whole story about this but that's a moot point.

Now you are just speculating that he might contacting the DE board and rescind his recommendation. If you really his has something against you from the first place because you are minority, he could easily refused to recommend you on the PE application but he didn't...so what's the problem here?

You might not use him as reference in the future but .

Hungry: you get fired because you basically go stop showing up for job without approval of taking off (3 weeks nonetheless, not a couple days). We don't the whole story about this but that's a moot point.

Now you are just speculating that he might contacting the DE board and rescind his recommendation. If you really his has something against you from the first place because you are minority, he could easily refused to recommend you on the PE application but he didn't...so what's the problem here?

You might not use him as reference in the future but .
Right, you need to get approval first before you actually take time off. You just can not take time off as you with.

Last edited by a moderator:
No i did get approval. He said i am aprrovrd but verbally told me he will twrminate me. That means he does not want me to take exam. And no he discrimnates againdt minorities.

No i did get approval. He said i am aprrovrd but verbally told me he will twrminate me. That means he does not want me to take exam. And no he discrimnates againdt minorities.

Shouldn't you be talking with the EEOC for your state? If you feel you were wrongly terminated, that's where you should go.

I do not stop showing up all of a sudden. I had perfect attendance in all my jobs. The guy is a jerk and is intimafated that about me getting pe. Only reason he gave me a review it is because he thought i do not have enough experience. As soon as he heard of approval he started to dislike me. Sorry for typo typing from mobile phone.

Shouldn't you be talking with the EEOC for your state? If you feel you were wrongly terminated, that's where you should go.
second this

Again this is about after pe and post number one. Clearly this is not a place to go for wrongful termination. Oh he will be hearing from my lawyer no doubt.

I do not stop showing up all of a sudden. I had perfect attendance in all my jobs. The guy is a jerk and is intimafated that about me getting pe. Only reason he gave me a review it is because he thought i do not have enough experience. As soon as he heard of approval he started to dislike me. Sorry for typo typing from mobile phone.
I understand how you feel. I didn't get reference letters from my group for all kinds of excuses, but still managed to find other nice PEs from different departments. I did see how their facial expressions changed when I told them I passed at my first try. I only asked for one-day leave to take the exam , and I guess the new supervisor didn't think I could pass without enough time of preparation like his favorite team member who took whole 2 weeks off before the exam. Anyway, I am happy that I made them uncomfortable while they couldn't do anything to me like what you are suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:
faint ink beats strong memory..lesson here is get it in writing in future on everything

I do have it in writing with his signature. I have that copy. He still verabilay told me he will terminate. Thats is whyhe will be hearing frim my lawyer.

Back