After Exam Discussions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Please be mindful of what you post, would hate to see anyone get in trouble!

Ok, after thought of the test. More theory questions than I expected. You know where you can't find the answer in the book. I felt like some of the answer choices were a little tricky. Had one question were the varibles were in english units but all the answer choices was in metric. Whats up with that. :deadhorse: Anyway still can not guage how I did.

^ that is interesting - I didnt take the PE but the PS, and i thought there were quite a bit more conceptual or theoretical based questions vs. the practical app type of problems typical in the study manuals.

I took the structures afternoon session and overall, I felt the exam was very straightforward. There were only a couple of questions in each session that I had to guess on, and I at least tried to make it an educated guess. I feel like I did pretty well, but that really doesn't mean anything until I get that letter saying I passed!

This was my 2nd time. I first took the test in April 2008 with the Geotech depth and failed with a 52/80 (32 morn, 20 aft). I thought this Oct 09 test with Geotech depth was easier or maybe it's because I studied nothing but Geotech this time, although I did not put that many study hours into it. I felt I got 35 to 37 in the morning and 32 to 34 in the afternoon for sure, maybe more. I did not have to guess on many of them, except some of those stupid theory questions like mentioned above.

The 6-minute solutions Geotech book I bought for this time really helped as there were several problems on the test just like the book example problems.

Latest posts

Back