After 10-28-11  GAME ON!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob_PE

Reaction score
Release dates:

Battlefield 3. 10-25-11

Uncharted 3. 11-1-11

Modern Warfare 3. 11-8-11

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim. 11-11-11

Saints Row 3. 11-15-11

I'm a big gamer, I've spent days of game time in Final Fantasy 11, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 13, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops Multiplayer.  Preparing for my upcoming destruction of the PE exam has put all the fun on hold, but the week after the exam I'll be turning back into the old me, at least for a little while.  There is an awesome list of new games coming our way. My current plan is to dive full on into MW3 online combat and see if it hooks me like MW2 did.  How bout y'all?

Pre-ordering AC Revelations and Arkham City. Can't wait!

You guys could be typing in Chinese, and I've not have any less idea what your talking about (old fogey here I guess)

Gaming brings on new meaning when you're playing at 120"!

Release dates:Battlefield 3. 10-25-11

Uncharted 3. 11-1-11

Saints Row 3. 11-15-11

I'm a big gamer, I've spent days of game time in Final Fantasy 11, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 13, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops Multiplayer.  Preparing for my upcoming destruction of the PE exam has put all the fun on hold, but the week after the exam I'll be turning back into the old me, at least for a little while.  There is an awesome list of new games coming our way. My current plan is to dive full on into MW3 online combat and see if it hooks me like MW2 did.  How bout y'all?
BF3 should be pretty cool (hope it's DX11 though). Still addicted to Crysis 2, Borderlands, and Left4Dead2. Really holding out for the new Star Wars MMO, SWTOR. That will be grand. Also looked at Dead Island which just released yesterday I think. Seems like a pretty intriguing zombie RPG.

I'd rather go outside and do something.
Yah but I can't stab Italians outside. ;)

<------------Plays Assassin's Creed Revelations

Release dates:Battlefield 3. 10-25-11

Uncharted 3. 11-1-11

Saints Row 3. 11-15-11

BF3 should be pretty cool (hope it's DX11 though). Still addicted to Crysis 2, Borderlands, and Left4Dead2. Really holding out for the new Star Wars MMO, SWTOR. That will be grand. Also looked at Dead Island which just released yesterday I think. Seems like a pretty intriguing zombie RPG.

I'd rather go outside and do something.
Yah but I can't stab Italians outside. ;)

<------------Plays Assassin's Creed Revelations
What do you mean by DX11? I played Left4Dead a while back and the graphics looked so terrible compared to Modern Warfare that I had to turn it off right away. But I do love zombie apocolypse games, i.e.: Resident Evil 4.

and

Don't you mean Brotherhood, Revelations isn't out until 11-15-11.

Red Dead Redemption has a cool zombie add-on pack. I've only played the online version, but Ive heard the rest is pretty good too.

You guys could be typing in Chinese, and I've not have any less idea what your talking about (old fogey here I guess)
We played Jeopardy! on the Wii the other day. That's about as close as I get to being a gamer.
Dude, I got Wii Jeopardy. It's pretty cool. Kids got it for me, since I watch Jeopardy whenever I get the chance.

I was rockin' in last night's episode. But it was Teacher week, and we know they don't get paid as much as engineers and ......

I might get Battlefield 3. I just quit playing World of Warcraft - my guild quit raiding - and picked up Dragon Age: Origins to placate the wife (she's been playing it and saying "You should try this!"... put close to 24 hours into it since Wednesday or so, so I'd say I'm pretty much hooked.

What do you mean by DX11? I played Left4Dead a while back and the graphics looked so terrible compared to Modern Warfare that I had to turn it off right away. But I do love zombie apocolypse games, i.e.: Resident Evil 4.
and

Don't you mean Brotherhood, Revelations isn't out until 11-15-11.
Meaning I hope BF3 is ready to go with DirectX 11 (not 9.0c). Not many games have the good eye candy of DX11. =) I guess it depends on your hardware config. Running a Radeon 5970 with dual GPUs and the settings all maxed makes L4D2 look pretty good actually. :thumbs:

And yes, I meant Brotherhood. :rolleyes:

We played Jeopardy! on the Wii the other day. That's about as close as I get to being a gamer.
Dude, I got Wii Jeopardy. It's pretty cool. Kids got it for me, since I watch Jeopardy whenever I get the chance.

I was rockin' in last night's episode. But it was Teacher week, and we know they don't get paid as much as engineers and ......
Yes! I did pretty well last night. I'm usually feeling pretty cocky after the Jeopardy round. Then Double Jeopardy comes along and it's 14th Century French Art and Bacteria of the Serengetti for categories and I get hosed.

I might get Battlefield 3. I just quit playing World of Warcraft - my guild quit raiding - and picked up Dragon Age: Origins to placate the wife (she's been playing it and saying "You should try this!"... put close to 24 hours into it since Wednesday or so, so I'd say I'm pretty much hooked.
I have dragon age 2 and haven't beat it because this giant dragon keeps murdering my team out at the mines. From what I've heard, Origins is much better than 2. I'll have to grab a copy some time and see for myself.

Back